Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Willingen Uplands

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody been?

A group of 18 of us (10 kids 8 adults) are heading there by car and ferry in Feb half term (get there friday feb 10).

They've had snow 11 out of last 12 years but typically struggling the year we choose to go!

Anybody got experience of the place? Off the beaten track I know and not really and English resort (mainly Dutch, apparently!) but any feedback would be vvv welcome!

First post, so please be gentle!

Mark.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mark mcnulty, Welcome to snowHeads and thank you for introducing me to a place I had never heard of and didn't realise had skiing. I supect you might be short of replies as I think I might not be alone in my ignorance. Hope it works out for you.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Weekends it Apres Ski Central Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I hadn't heard of Willingen in Sauerland either. According to their web site (only seems to be in German or Dutch, can't get the English to work) there isn't any skiing presently but hopefully that will change by February. Trust it will all work out for you Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi mark mcnulty, Welcome to snowheads. I have Dutch friends that have been there - they go to Winterberg which from the map looks like the same area as you are going to - and say it is fine provided there is enough snow. Of course it's not the Alps - more like the Pennines here I think - and it can get crowded at weekends and holidays, But most Dutch and German school holidays fall the following week I think to coincide with Fasching so you should be ok. I'm sure you'll have fun. They get very few English visitors and there will be a big novelty element for you- and them. Thumbs pressed for the snow as they say there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mark mcnulty, Hope you are ok with drag lifts ? Looks like theres one gondola car and other than the conveyor belt lifts on nursery slopes all the others are drag lifts
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for such a warm welcome to the forum.

The skiers among us are ok with drag lifts and the absolute beginners will be ok in the "kids zone" with the travelators.

Got both "thumbs pressed" 24/7 for snow!

Great site btw - lots to read and some great posts, so well done mods for a great site!

Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy