Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Monarch Chrter Flight Luggage Allowance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Flying this Sat 14th, with Monarch from Manchester to Grenoble. Little confused re the luggage allowance. Have been told it is 20kg, inclusive of 5kg Hand luggage (thought it was 20kg + 5kg h/l). I was going to take my coffin bag with all my clothes which will probably weigh somewhere near 20kg, but also have my boots probably about 5kg? Can anyone advise me?

Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take fewer clothes. I always find I take far more than I need on a ski holiday. It's more important to have your boots with you than a dozen sweaters, right?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I flew on a Monarch charter flight with Inghams at Christmas. Luggage allowance was definitely 20kg PLUS one piece of hand luggage (weight undefined). I had booked ski carriage as well which (according to the Monarch website) allows another 20kg - had 2 pairs of skis and poles in a double soft bag - about 13kg.

However, I note that the website states that charter flights are 20kg including hand luggage so my advice is to check your tickets (e-notification) then play each off against the other.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I flew Monarch with Ski Total last wek.

Definitely 20kg PLUS DEFINITELY only 5kg hand luggage (which was weighed). DEFINITELY NO ski boots in hand luggage - they were checking at Gatwick and making you repack them into your hold luggage.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 10-01-12 12:27; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I flew Monarch over new year to Grenoble from Gatwick, my checked in wheelie bag luggage was 23Kg and others in our group had similar weights and nothing was said, just a "heavy" tag added to warn the baggage handlers. Carry on bags were visually checked, i got the impression this was to check we only had one each, but not weighted or checked in the size frame.

Sounds very inconsistent from the above posts.

Good luck!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We're flying with Monarch through Ski Olympic on Sunday, my e-ticket says:

Luggage allowance is 20kg max. in the hold. Can be one standard sized suitcase/holdall and one separate boot bag. 5kg of hand baggage.
Hand baggage must be able to be stowed under the seat or in the overhead locker and within the following size: 50cm x 35cm x 23cm.
Ski equipment allowance is one pair of skis or a snowboard. Skis/snowboards should be in a bag which must be of the flexible fabric
variety or ski tube and must not contain any other items other than ski poles. The carriage of skis/snowboard is charged at £25 return.

Hope this helps you get the 'extra' 5Kg

Any other snowHead going to be in Courchevel next week?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We flew with Monach Manchester / Grenoble before Christmas with Ski France - luggage was 20kg plus 5kg hand luggage which wasn't weighed.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tafflondon wrote:
We're flying with Monarch through Ski Olympic on Sunday, my e-ticket says:

Luggage allowance is 20kg max. in the hold. Can be one standard sized suitcase/holdall and one separate boot bag. 5kg of hand baggage.
Hand baggage must be able to be stowed under the seat or in the overhead locker and within the following size: 50cm x 35cm x 23cm.
Ski equipment allowance is one pair of skis or a snowboard. Skis/snowboards should be in a bag which must be of the flexible fabric
variety or ski tube and must not contain any other items other than ski poles. The carriage of skis/snowboard is charged at £25 return.

Hope this helps you get the 'extra' 5Kg

Any other snowHead going to be in Courchevel next week?
That's what we got through Ski Olympic last season and the one before (interestingly they didn't bother weighing our boot bags at check-in). I thought that this baggage allowance was a Ski Olympic deal with Monarch and if so might not be relevant to other TOs.

mushywill, I suggest you email your TO - and print off the reply.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I can add to this. We travelled with Ski Olympic at Xmas. They quite happily explained how their baggage T&Cs worked. Unfortunately, Monarch didn't give t2o hoots to Ski Olympic's baggage T&Cs and as the flight provider stood their ground at Gatwick and it cost us 5kg (@ £12 / kg) in heavy charges.

You get 20kg of hold baggage. On top of this you get 5kg of hand luggage. If you book ski carriage you get 20kg INCLUDING boots extra allowance for your money. Therefore, if like me, you have a ski bag and a separate boot bag they must weigh no more than 20kg between them.

Clear as mud, have fun !
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SnowMonkey69 wrote:
I can add to this. We travelled with Ski Olympic at Xmas. They quite happily explained how their baggage T&Cs worked. Unfortunately, Monarch didn't give t2o hoots to Ski Olympic's baggage T&Cs and as the flight provider stood their ground at Gatwick and it cost us 5kg (@ £12 / kg) in heavy charges.

You get 20kg of hold baggage. On top of this you get 5kg of hand luggage. If you book ski carriage you get 20kg INCLUDING boots extra allowance for your money. Therefore, if like me, you have a ski bag and a separate boot bag they must weigh no more than 20kg between them.

Clear as mud, have fun !
Three of us had boots but no skis. We made sure that total hold baggage (suitcase + bootbag) was <20kg. One of our party had skis on top. No problems at all. I guess your suitcase was near the 20kg mark on its own then? Did you involve the Ski Olympic rep at Gatwick?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Many thanks for all the responses. We were told by TO that 15kg plus 5kg H/L. Will be calling Monarch tmrw to double check as nothing on our invoice. I'm almost certain it will be 20kg + 5kg H/L but would rather double check. Thanks again.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Again thanks, had it confirmed this morning from TO, 20kg Hold allowance inc ski boots ( can be put in hold in seperate boot bag) 5kg Hand Luggage. Can't wait now.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Enjoy the holiday! I always find packing my suitcase to adhere to the weight allowance the worst bit of any ski holiday!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just a quick note on hand luggage - Monarch at LGW are weighing hand luggage at check in and if you're over 5kg you've got a problem. Simple thing is to wedge heavy items into pockets before you get to the desk Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy