Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Schools in La Tania 2011/12 ????

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone.
I am taking my 6 yr old son to La Tania for a one week post half term on 18 Feb this year. He spent a week in Arc Adventures Ski School in Les Arcs last year and progressed fantastically well but complained that in spite of promises (to me) they did not speak to him in English. This has made him a bit wary of French ski schools and I am left wondering who to book this year. Does anyone have any current experience of schools in La Tania? I have read many reviews though they have not been particularly recent saying good things about ESF, New Gen, Ultimate and of course Magic. I am just hoping for someone who may have been there this season with young progressing beginners...? All info very gratefully received. Thank you.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi pipstar,

Maybe contact your chalet/hotel and see who they recommend. I have a friend doing a season there this year, I'll ask her for you.

FWIW three of us had an excellent afternoon bumps and steeps lesson with Cyril of Ski Progression. He was based in Courcheval, but I see they've opened a school in La Tania for this year... http://skischool-latania.co.uk/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for your reply Duke - if you do talk to your friend...that would be great. thanks! pipstar
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We used Magic and were pleased with them when our youngest was a similair age (I think!!)

Some useful info here:

http://www.familyfriendlyskiing.com/schools.html

cheers,

Greg
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pipstar, not current info but have used Magic for our then 6,7 yr old son and 4yr old daughter last two seasons and no complaints. In fact the kids were a bit disappointed they weren't able to have the same instructors in Les Gets this year!

The same guy, Denys (sp) taught them both consecutive years as and was brilliant with them. Towards the end of Chloe's first week on skis he brought 5 kids down the green slope in line abreast holding a piste marker type pole!! Charlie's other instructor, can't remember his name was also fantastic with him.

Unless anything has drastically changed since last Jan I would have no hesitation in recommending them.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ski Tyke wrote:
pipstar, not current info but have used Magic for our then 6,7 yr old son and 4yr old daughter last two seasons and no complaints. In fact the kids were a bit disappointed they weren't able to have the same instructors in Les Gets this year!

The same guy, Denys (sp) taught them both consecutive years as and was brilliant with them. Towards the end of Chloe's first week on skis he brought 5 kids down the green slope in line abreast holding a piste marker type pole!! Charlie's other instructor, can't remember his name was also fantastic with him.

Unless anything has drastically changed since last Jan I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

My son also skied with Denys (that is the right spelling), he is excellent.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sarah, never seen anyone so chilled out with a group of young kids! Wish he'd come and take a couple of our mini rugby sessions!! snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ski Tyke, the guy is amazing, he got a big tip from me, I was so pleased with his teaching and care taken with my then 4 year old. Sadly we didn't ski with Magic the following year as they couldn't meet our big group's requirements, but we saw Denys out on the mountain and he recognised us and chatted Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I heard back from my friend, and she says...

Magic are definitely the guys to go for, it's an English company and slightly more expensive than ESF but great service. Not such a fan of ESF here.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Duke wrote:
I heard back from my friend, and she says...

Magic are definitely the guys to go for, it's an English company and slightly more expensive than ESF but great service. Not such a fan of ESF here.

Not sure about them being an english company Puzzled They did have an english receptionist but the three instructors we had were all definitely french.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks everyone for you feedback. This now gives me something to go on. Cheers all.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We were in there at Chritsmas and noticed both Momentum Snowsports and New Generation had British instructors working out of La Tania. Note, we didn't have lessons, but I do know a couple of the instructors.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
+1 for Momentum Snowsports. Run and taught by three British guys.

Our just turned 4 year old was in his first ski lessons with them last week, just short 2 hour sessions, with two other 4 year olds in our chalet. They were run by Ben B. We were delighted. Really nice guy, and on a couple of occasions we played "spy the ski lesson" from the piste above or below and he was brilliant with the kids. He knew when to leave them to let them play in the snow for a bit when they'd had enough of skiing and wanted to play, then got them back into it when the time was right. Helped them build an igloo between the skiing bits, so every day it was fun for them and they came off chatting with excitement and smiles on their faces. The main thing he kept it fun for them and was cheering and laughing with them. In no time they were going up the carpet/getting on/off on their own and skiing back down on their own aiming for and going over a mini jump he would build for them. On the last day he took them down the 4-5km plan fontaine green run back to La Tania. Im sure he had to help them down alot at certain places, but there were stretches they did on their own.

Our little one is a pain with kit at times, if something is not right or sticking in or ruched up then he's doing nothing till he's comfy and sorted, and Ben was great at helping him out with kit etc, sending him off to the loo, and helping him get kit back on after.

Was really nice to watch.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pipstar wrote:
Hi everyone.
I am taking my 6 yr old son to La Tania for a one week post half term on 18 Feb this year. He spent a week in Arc Adventures Ski School in Les Arcs last year and progressed fantastically well but complained that in spite of promises (to me) they did not speak to him in English. This has made him a bit wary of French ski schools and I am left wondering who to book this year. Does anyone have any current experience of schools in La Tania? I have read many reviews though they have not been particularly recent saying good things about ESF, New Gen, Ultimate and of course Magic. I am just hoping for someone who may have been there this season with young progressing beginners...? All info very gratefully received. Thank you.

Hi PIPSTAR
My name is Marius. I only started to ski 2 years ago. I thought that being 37 years old was going to be a be hard work. However our group found a very good private ski instructor.
I have returned to LA TANIA every season and used her service every time since. Have skied with her for 2 lessons in Jan this year. She took me down reds and some not too difficult blacks with no problem at all. My confidence is now sky high. Shame that she won't be able to make it to Tignes in March.

Her name is Patsy Duncan and she is FANTASTIC. She runs SKICLASS, a small private ski school. Being very experience and very patient. ,she knows exactly what to teach you, the drills you need to do in order to correct anything that you do wrong. Instead of dragging the lessons, she'll step up the level as soon as you have made some progress!
And being Scottish = no language barrier. And she has taught many children as well.
I cannot praise her enough. All my friends who used her will tell you the same. Every penny was really worth spending!

If you are still looking for a good teacher, here is her website:
http://www.skiclass.eu/skiclass.html

Hope it helps

Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another vote for magic - good class sizes and excellent instructors, our son had one year with ESF when he was 4, and has had 2 years with Magic which he loved (and on the plus side, they do 4 mornings and 2 full days which gives you a chance to explore).
latest report
Hi . New company in the3 valleys . sweetsnowsports

http://www.sweetsnowsports.com

FR tel: +33 (0)645 438 144 All our instructors are

UK tel: +44 (0)131 208 2855 internationally qualified by

BASI

email: info@sweetsnowsports.com

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 4-02-12 15:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Used Magic last year for my 4 year old and was very pleased.
snow report
gassman wrote:
Hi . There is a new completely british company in the 3 valleys . sweetsnowsports

http://www.sweetsnowsports.com

FR tel: +33 (0)645 438 144 All our instructors are

UK tel: +44 (0)131 208 2855 internationally qualified by

BASI

email: info@sweetsnowsports.com
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy