Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Adriana in Alleghe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone stayed here, we're going there in March. I have skied the area before and Alleghe looks stunning from the slopes above. Usual suspects; tidy bars and pizzas?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
assume you got your info elsewhere re Alleghe. how did the trip go if you made it? have been looking to return to the dolomites sometime in the future and spotted this area while researching. was in the selva de val gardena area for a group ski trip about 7 years ago and returned during last summer and while it is still a stunning beautiful place I did notice prices had gone up a bit. was thinking that Alleghe being a bit away from the main resorts mite be a bit cheaper for food and drink, do I assume correct? ski hire is certainly cheaper there as I have checked online. very little other info available other than the usual web sites.
Is there any nightlife in the town? how good is the sking and would the area have a decent snow record. any info from anyone would be appreciated.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alleghe is a really nice little ski area and you can take the free bus to the Marmolada glacier if you want a day out. The pistes are good and the views are spectacular.
On the pistes, the restaurants are fairly similar prices to the rest of the Dolomites.
There are a couple of après-ski bars in town but I haven't sampled them yet I'm afraid!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had 3 days in Alleghe this year stopped at Hotel La Maison, really nice hotel with an excellent spa and an authentic bar/pizzeria next door, didn't sample the nightlife as we were too far out but from what I saw during the day I would imagine it is very low key.

Great little area, but TBH 3 days was enough. We had our luggage forwarded onto Corvara and skied over taking the great war tour, nice way to do it.

Mountain restaurants etc, typical of the whole area. Also there is an air bag which is a good place to hang out and watch the young un's for an hour or so at the end of the day over a beer.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stayed in the Adriana season before last for a long weekend. The hotel was great. We had half board and the evening meal was great. Due to HB and the hotel being half mile from the village can't give a view on the nightlife. Alleghe is a bit limited for skiing so if you're there longer than a weekend suggest a trip to the Sella Ronde.

The best pizza on the mountain is in the restaurant a hundred metres above the Top of the Alleghe bubble. Incidentally it's owned by the same people as t he hotel.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you all for the helpful info. sounds like a thumbs up so far. have no problem with the limited km of local slopes as we usually stay in satellite villages of bigger resorts anyway to save a few quid as our group is prob on the lower side of the average wage earner, so I hope people understand we are not tight arsed its just that we dont have the funds to blow on expensive bars and restaurants. yes we could cook for ourselves and drink in the apartment but this is a once a year holiday and we want to make full use of every minute of it. going out everey night to a bar or restaurant is a big part of the whole holiday experience for us .
have translated a few tripadvisor restaurant reviews and some were talking about 2 pizzas for 30eur!! we would normally pay about 16 for the same in Austria.
anyone had a meal in town? or a large beer? I have even checked every hotel /bar/ restaurant web site to try and get a menu with prices but to no avail.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I stopped there once for a grappa. Did not have a pizza but wld be amazed if u did not find top notch pizza at <10e a throw in that part of Italy.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DoubleBombardino wrote:
I stopped there once for a grappa. Did not have a pizza but wld be amazed if u did not find top notch pizza at <10e a throw in that part of Italy.

Well I have stopped there and you're correct. Fear not garc, this is probably one of the most reasonable resorts in a very reasonable area.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy