Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

tree lined runs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here's another - which is the best European resort for tree-lined runs?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
erica2004, I've no Idea, Wengen has quite a lot but I doubt it has the most
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
erica2004, I would say Megeve, but the PdS has more than a few.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Morzine has a few coming back into the town on the Pleney side
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In my limited experience the PDS works best. Lindarets from Avoriaz, lower Hauts Forts, Pleney, down from Nyon plateau, some awesome HP routes into Morgins, some interesting routes to Champery (I mean, just what do you do when you've skied 500m vert down and you come across a sign in someone's garden across the only passable route saying "no skiing"? - certainly not hike 500m back up again...), Also, nearby Praz de lys and Meuissy have a few.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sauze or Soll
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
erica2004,

Agree with David, Megeve takes some beating as most of the runs are tree lined. And the whole valley is pretty in the snow.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
One of the very best is Madonna di Campiglio in the Italian Brenta Dolomites. It is linked to Marivella and Folgarida and has a combined 150kms of piste. It is mainly intermediate terrain with excellent snow-making faciities and perfectly groomed pistes.

When the weather gets bad you do really appreciate the tree cover which is very extensive. The runs are at a fair altitude.

Bacause I like tree-lined resorts this is one of my all-time favourites.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Val Cenis, France, virtually everything from 2000m down to 1400, is tree lined, with just a couple of runs not. Then everything above 2000, up to 2800 is all open. Best of both worlds depending on the weather.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Serre Chevalier is situated in Europe's largest larch forest.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Schladming is full of tree lined runs, I'm off there in Jan!!!! Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hibernia wrote,

Quote:
One of the very best is Madonna di Campiglio in the Italian Brenta Dolomites. It is linked to Marivella and Folgarida and has a combined 150kms of piste. It is mainly intermediate terrain with excellent snow-making faciities and perfectly groomed pistes.

- It may have excellent snow-making facilities, but they have to use them! I was there in January 02, and the trails were restricted to a few ribbons amid a wasteland of bare earth. - Since temperatures were well below freezing each night (and had been for the preceding couple of weeks), they could have made a lot more snow, but for the most part the blowers lay idle.

For trees AND snow, try Canada!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I was also there in Xmas 02 - the reason that they could only blow snow on a few of the runs what that thay had un unusually dry summer, so the reservoirs did not have enough water. SNow making requires rather a lot of it.

I was also there in Xmas 04 and just about every run was open, including the black under Spinali - a great week.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy