Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boardbag transport alternatives

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Just found out that myself and a friend on a group holiday to Verbier on the 15th Jan, have no ski,board luggage booked (a cocktail of errors really and probably shared blame all round!) and upon hearing this and calling Iglu to rectify they now say there is no room left on the plane for anymore sports equipment.

Options?

Gamble and go as early as possible to the airport and deal direct with airline? Friend has already called ahead and they said they still wont prebook and cannot guaruntee carriage.

Skis2u or does anyone know something similar to this independant courier with reasonables rates, as I seem to have missed their deadline and they dont do Verbier.

Cram 4 boards and one set of skis in another passengers bag and wear sunglasses through checkin....

Stick hire equipment, ugh! on the credit card and persue Iglu later?

Help!!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
inchhighj,

You could try these http://www.skicarriage.co.uk/

This company only covers France, http://www.pisteofmind.com/ but if you're flying to Geneva you may be able to strike a deal to collect them from there.

I'm not connected to either Co., I've never used them, so can't recommend them from experience, but at least they may be options for you.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How big is the group? If it's several other people aside from you and your mate, I'd just stash my stuff across the other people's luggage if they're game for it. I take it you know all the other members of the group? I've carried three people's stuff in mine before with no questions asked. my bag did rip open thanks to boards being so squashed in, they cut through - but that's another matter Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks night cap will check the link shortly!

The group is 12 strong and only 2 ski carriage between us, colossal cockup indeed although I think some are renting once there.

I was really wondering though if anyone had experienced turning up on a chartered/tour operator flight without booking and being succesful? I find it quite bewildering though that the airline stress that only one set of sports equipment per bag or person not allowing doubling up, but they would then in turn have nowhere near a good enough percentage of capacity to house sports luggage if most folk had their own equipment :S
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No idea why, but ski carriage always makes me nervous- Few bad experiences probably - once the plane was too small to carry the all the skis (flyMayBe) and it was a bit of a gamble as to whether yours would fit on, on another occasion they (I forget the airline) left our skis in Geneva and last week, we had a hoohar with Aer Lingus, as we had paid for 2x ski carriage (Via Iglu) and put them both in the same bag (fine according to Iglu) and the airline couldn't cope with this... And they did check that there were *only* 4x skis in the bag, not like the good old days when we used to shove allsorts in!

I digress!! In your situation, I would probably go with the hire plan Very Happy Depending on how practical it would be, you could just turn up and wing it, but you would need somewhere to stash the skis for a weel, just in case they turn them away. Good luck and have a fab time, whatever you decide!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Depends on the tour operator and whether they have a size limit on your normal luggage. Last year my mate and I bought oversize board bags and put all my clothes etc in there with Baord & Boots etc. Mine was less than 20kg but his must have been 25kg+. They checked them in as our luggage allowance and simply had to put them through the oversize area. Check with the TO to see if this is possible (subject to you being happy to stash everything together).

Just checked the Thomson baggage restrictions and there are no length limits to your hold luggage just weight limits. I'm skiing this year but taking my board and boots so I can do a day boarding without paying any sports equipment charges.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've just sent out our skis to Tignes using Skis2U. Obviously, as we're not out 'til next week I can't comment on delivery, but their communications so far have been excellent. Prices was less than for carrying the two sets on the flight.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Would be good to hear how you get on as I would definetely thinki about using them in the future. As for now its going to be a gamble at the airport when we arrive early with nothing booked.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy