Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D'Isere - lunch spots (off the mountain).

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just arranged my trip to Val D for the 22nd Jan and was looking for some pointers for some nice (reasonably priced?) lunch spots.

Me and my GF will be sharing babysitting duties for our 4-month old - so will plan to meet-up at the bottom of the lifts / in town to make the switch at lunchtime - so if there are any reasonably priced / pleasant / baby friendly spots (maybe asking too much!?) off the mountain but near the lifts, that would be terrific.

Also, any ideas for a cheeky beer or two at the end of the day (again we'd be avec baby)? When I've stayed in Tignes, I've generally ended-up at the Alpaka, but really don't know Val D - so any help on this side of things would be great too.

Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Tufs between the bottom of the Funival and Bubble lifts at La Dialle is worth checking. It changed owner a couple of years ago and prior to that was really good for both lunch and evening meals. They also did a relatively cheap lunch time buffet service upstairs. I have not been there since the change and I have information about the new owners. Les Tufs is only a short walk from the bus stop and so should be compatible with your baby duties.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One place we've used many times is a few metres from the bottom of the Solaises chair lift. It's on top of the lift ticket sales windows nearby. I think it's called the Soleil, or similar, but you can't miss it. Best on a day when you can sit outside, as it has large wooden decking area and gets plenty of sun. On one side it has a great view of the Face de Bellevarde Olympic mens run, so you can sit back and watch people struggle down that. Food is self service, simple menu, not exactly cheap but OK considering the location. Soup and salads tend to be good.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not central, so doesn't fit your criteria, but this is my favourite place for a white-out day

http://www.arolay.com/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy