Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski instructor course

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
evening all
seriously considering becoming a ski instructor . self employed so my business will run when im away. just want to do something different for a few years in my mid 30's.
firstly once qualified id be looking to work 12 weeks during the season. dec - feb. would i be taken on for 3 months only or is 6 the minium
secondly in europe id love to train and or work in poland or bulgaria. can anyone suggest ski instructor courses here. seen one in poland for 4.5 k 12 weeks. 6.5 k in austria seems to be the norm. whats the average take home pay for instructor in poland , austria and canada?

thirdly does anyone here work 9 months a year in uk and 3 months in resort and if so how are you enjoying it?
thanks dave
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
KURWA100,

I'm not aware of courses in Poland or Bulgaria, maybe someone else will know of some.

With regards working 3mths, I'd say as an inexperienced instructor getting 12wks work in one stretch is unlikely. Less experienced instructors will probably be doing most of their work during peak weeks, so you could probably get 12wks work, just maybe not in one stretch. If you progressed all the way up the ladder to L4 then you'd be very highly in demand and I think a 3mths stretch would be more likely.

There are several routes to qualification, and the route you take may be dependent on your current level. If you were to take the BASI route, there are two options - a Gap course, or doing the L1 and L2 modules individually. If you have a lot of work to do on your technique to reach L2 then the gap course would be a good option, if you're already at or near that level then doing the L1 and L2 as standalone courses would be less time consuming.

You can read more info on the BASI website:

http://www.basi.org.uk/content/alpine.aspx

http://www.basigap.com/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks. just playing around with the idea for now but if i went for it id really want 12 weeks in a stretch starting from dec. i usually take dec off anyhow as its quiet so i actually would be able to work on my business for 40 weeks year ( 10 months ) and work for remainder 12 weeks in a resort.
curious. i expect the pay is minimum wage but accommadation is cover? is accommdation generally shared? im 35 so ive no intention of sharing!! thanks again
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
KURWA100, whether or not accommodation is included would depend on the type os organisation you're working for, e.g. a local ski school or a school tour operator. Where it is included, I would usually expect it to be shared.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also http://iasisnowsports.ie
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
KURWA100, E European guys, Croatian friends, usually train in Austrian system because it is on the job and much cheaper, (German needed). Are you a very good technical skier, race experience? because mid 30s is old to start to be an instructor.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy