Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott Preston or Eider Cetus views?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a new jacket and though i might treat myself.

I normall go for Dare2B top of the range gear that has served me well. I see their Snow x and other 20k gear for around £100 but am tempted to get said Scott in blue or I saw and Eider for £230 which seemed good value.

Has any one got/wore said jackets.

Is the Scott one a shell or proper jacket-It looks like a insalated one but i cant be sure as i have not tried them on.

Thoughs most welcome Puzzled

Budget upto £350.

Scott : http://www.sailandski.co.uk/acatalog/Scott_Preston_Jacket_2012__racer_blue.html
Eider: http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/index.cfm/product/eider-cetus-jacket/fuseaction/products.detail/code/1A110206/id_colour/133/group/5113/level/3
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have the Scott Preston Jacket and it is a fantastic jacket. It is insulated (in the right places) and being Gore-Tex has a wide temperature range. Thoroughly recommended. Check oput www.sports-outlet.co.uk for some keen pricing.....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Mark,

Is it more of shell with padding or a full padded job? I dont want a full shell.

Any thoughs on Eider from any one?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's definately more than a shell jacket (I froze my butt of in one of those!). The Preston Jacket has insulation all over (80gr in the cool paces * performsnce mesh iin the hot zones). The beauty of internet shopping is you can always reutrun it if you don't like it or it doesn't measure up to your expectations.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
marskey, Arcteryx Stingray? Good, technical well vented jacket: If you are skiing in the US, order on line and pick up in your resort: They are amazingly comfortable, breathable and fit UK standard spec, so a medium is medium, etc Cool
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So I ordered both and they are both great, different types so that me covered. Keeping both Cool

Eider is nice warm more normal type of jacket, pleanty pockets and comfy cut. Good next day deliver from Cotswold outdoor.

The Preston is thinner than the Eider off course, more of a shell with linging and some padding in the required areas.
I take a XL but the Scott was massive in XL so swapping for a Large

47 Degrees who had them for sale at £256 with free delivery Smile

Great customer service and speedy next day delivery from the team at 47.

http://www.47degrees.com/PRODUCTS/Mens-Ski-Clothing/Ski-Outerwear/Ski-Jackets/i/1356/n/Scott-Preston-Jacket.aspx
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy