Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booked My Holiday!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Finally got it booked. Off to the Three Valleys on 4th February and staying inbetween Val Thorens and Les Menuires, its a village called Reberty 2000. The accomodation its right on the piste so totally ski in/out. Got a great bargain as well. Should have been £650 for the chalet and ive got it for £450 including a Geneva transfer!!! Never been to the Three Valleys before so really looking forward to it. Any Snowheads out there when i am and fancy meeting up? Here is a picture of where i am am staying. The group of chalets on the far right, we are in the 4th from the left Toofy Grin

http://v10.lscache8.c.bigcache.googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/original/47662673.jpg

To say im excited is an understatement, 28 sleeps!!! Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ski in Courchevel and down to the valley. They are the best and prettiest areas. Enjoy.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ricklovesthepowder, You have struck gold. reberty is not the most scenic of places, but the 3V is a marvellous place to ski. You are right on the button for La Masse, a brilliant steep area, right by Val Thorens and can get to all of the 3V easily. Enjoy.

snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
La ferme is a good restaurant and the bar is ok at night.

Pizza at the igloo next door not shabby either, a great base for good skiing .

Well done.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ricklovesthepowder, I like the red run called 'Boismint' in that area, but otherwise I would get the hell out of dodge asap and head east.

Sounds a good deal... is that you on yer tod or are you part and parcel of a party?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
red 27 wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder, I like the red run called 'Boismint' in that area, but otherwise I would get the hell out of dodge asap and head east.

Sounds a good deal... is that you on yer tod or are you part and parcel of a party?

What the hell does that mean? rolling eyes Me and 1 other person going.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ricklovesthepowder, LM/VT is ..er.. not the premium and of the 3V in skiing terms (or in any other terms come to think of it)

Try a few quiet runs on behind where you're staying and then haul ass over the hill to motteret and the runs above it and then over to Courchevel.

you'll know what i mean when you get there. Smile

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 6-01-12 21:45; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
red 27 wrote:
Ricklovesthepowder, LM/VT is ..er.. not the premium and of the 3V in skiing terms (or in any other terms come to think of it)

Try a few quiet runs on behind where you're staying and then haul ass over the will to motteret and the runs above it and the over to Courchevel.

you'll know what i mean when you get there. Smile

Could you elaborate a little more now for me? I know there isnt much going on where im staying, thats fine. Im going for a ski holiday not a clubbing holiday. I just hope the skiing is good and i thought it was - until you posted?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ricklovesthepowder, Smile Lots of skiing around in the LesM/VT valley but the variety and interest increases as you go over into the next two valleys - Meribel/Mottaret and then Courchevel.

The buildings also get (a bit) less ugly but this may not concern you

I make no comment on the nitelife being a pipe & slippers man myself.

what's your skiing level?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ricklovesthepowder, There are some very varied and long runs off Mont Vallon both off piste and on - this was one of my favourite areas when I was last in the 3 valleys. It is a great area to ski.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
^^ above Mottaret, in the next valley over from you Ricklovesthepowder,
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
red 27, Intermediate skier. loves piste bashing and getting as many miles under my belt as possible. Ive got the full 3V pass so intend to cover as much as possible. Not bothered what the village looks like to be honest, just want the skiing to be good which im sure it is.

snowbandit, I will give that area a go and check it out. Cheers.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ricklovesthepowder, you have chosen wisely

Don't dress as a Nazi if you go to Val Thorens - should be OK in Meribel though, esp if Prince Harry is there
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ricklovesthepowder, You will be amazed by just how much magical skiing is available. 3V is possibly the best lift-served piste skiing in the world. (Well, I think so anyway)

My personal favourites:
Creux. Ski over the top and down to Mottaret. Up the Pas de lac white bubble. Out of the lift station and turn right. Ski down to the rock and turn left down Creux. One of the best reds ever. From there, up Chanrossa and over towards Signal and Courchevel 1650. Some great cruises over there.

The Fourth Valley. (Orelle) Quite a way, but worth it.

Jerusalem. Amazing red run with zero-G rollers. Such fun.

Up to the glacier above Val T. Quite a long ride on slow chairs, but it is always quiet up there and the snow is great. Take the Christine red to get to Glacier and Moraine lifts.

Go over the Mont de la Chambre and take a red called Mouflon down towards Mottaret. Strange camber but a great red.

Both runs on Vallon. Do NOT take Ours down to Mottaret. When you get to the Vallon lift, on the right is a chair. Take that and go down nice blues to Mottaret.

So many wonderful places. I am a humble piste cruiser (dreaming of punter status one day..)and love the 3V.

snowHead
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ricklovesthepowder,
Quote:

Intermediate skier. loves piste bashing and getting as many miles under my belt as possible.
In which case you will have a brilliant, brilliant time in all three (four) valleys. Very Happy
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, was there last season for the first time and had a blast, even in a low snow year. Best area for me was up above la Tania and at the top end of 1650. Up around the saulire in 1850 is great as well but got a bit busy. If you're feeling adventurous there's plenty of option for progressing your skiing.

Wish I could be back there in a good snow year.

Enjoy Very Happy

Ps. Do a search for a thread "courchevel rocks" from our trip last season.
snow report
Oh, and VT isn't pretty, but the skiing rocks. Ignore the naysayers and have a blast snowHead
ski holidays
if you want medium to fast cruising 1650 is pretty good and hard to beat.

+1 many time for jerusalem, it is one of my favourite 3v runs.

suisse is a lovely black, which if its pisted is a supeb red i reality (do it first thing if possible if you want it pisted
with a full alley pass if you are up for it, you can do a full 4 valleys rally, up val thoren and mt vallon back down, meribel, up to courchevel 1850 over to 1650 late lunch at bel air then back over to reberty. It would be a hard run but great fun.... well apart from that last few turns into Meribel on the way through, though it should be okay at the time i would expect you through.
snow report
I had my first two weeks on skis (in consecutive years - how times have changed!) in Courchevel 1850 and fantastic as it was, I wasn't good enough to appreciate it (yeah I know, I'm not now Laughing) being on greens & blues. Remembering it quite well though and having done the VT side a few times, the thought of the area you've got to go at makes me giddy - Ricklovesthepowder, it'll be cracking! Very Happy
snow report
Tarquin, Thanks for that, I can't wait to get out there now, 4 weeks tonight i will be like a kid on Christmas eve!!! So looking forward to the chalet being ski in/out. The font door is a piste, never had anything like this before. I've been watching videos tonight of different runs in the VT/LM valley. I love this one!

http://youtube.com/v/u07vxSIjgSk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
ski holidays
Awesome. snowHead
snow report
Chris Bish, exactly my favourites too! Very Happy And doing Jerusalem in one like that - gorgeous.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 7-01-12 0:47; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, yup, you have picked a good one there - hope you have a great time.
ski holidays
Been to La Tania for our last 2 trips, really good, even with last seasons poor snow (early Feb). It's a assure massive area, you will have a great time Smile

For a bit of comedy and a bizarre history lesson (for a ski resort at least) check out the Indiens (spell?) run, I think its on the meribel side Wink
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, I spent my second week on snow a long time ago in Les Menuires with my school ski trip. I only had a Les Menuires pass, but had a cracking time. 10 years and about 15 weeks on snow later I had a week in Mottaret at Easter on the 3V pass. The main thing that struck me was the sheer variety of terrain everywhere, compared to other resorts I've been in. Irrespective of the size of the area, the terrain is interesting, and there are tonnes of little features dotted all over the place close to the pistes to play on. I had a great time, even though the snow was pretty awful!

You'll love it

Very Happy
snow report
The other thing about the 3V is the connectivity between the various areas, which is absolutely brilliant, as is all the signposting. Even I don't get lost, and I have zero sense of direction! Chris Bish's advice not to take the Ours down to Mottaret is very important, by the way - it involves unfeasible amounts of poling.
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, We have stayed twice in those chalets. All brilliant news apart from they can be noisy if folks stay up chatting and the piste bashers parked outside. Get down to la Masse for the first lift and grab some 1st tracks down to kid station - Awesome.

LM is far nicer than it used to be and the skiing is fantastic. Ski onto the Igloo terrace for a beer and then 50m to the chalet. Lunch at the Ours Blanc hotel. It's on the right as you take the Doron chair from la Masse base.

Ignore the doom merchants as your spot is a great choice
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Pedantica, element, Cheers for the info. Ive just had a look at that run "ours" and it looks like a piste that you have to take really from the Mt. Vallom area back down into Meribel? Found a great high res piste map here ------> http://en.lesmenuires.com/upload/Images/Le%20Domaine%20Skiable/Plan%20des%20pistes/plan3Valleeshiver20112012.pdf

I noticed on the picture that i posted in the first post that there are piste bashers outside of the chalets so could creat a fair bit on noise in the evening. Love that video i posted of the run "jerusalem"!!! Anyone else recommend any great long runs that i may like?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's I'm the earl hours of the morning the bashers gave us problems!.

A day trip.to 1650 and do the 3 runs that go down to.the Chapelet chair.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
It's I'm the earl hours of the morning the bashers gave us problems!.

That must mean there was overnight snow, never really an issue, mean i will be up bright and early and one of the first to ski in the morning!!!
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder,
Quote:

it looks like a piste that you have to take really from the Mt. Vallom area back down into Meribel?
Yes, but it's as flat as a pancake. As Chris Bish says, take the chair up from the bottom of Mont Vallon - it's clearly marked to Meribel - and it gets you on to runs which actually go downhill!

Quote:

Absolutely. It's just lovely round there, especially if/when it gets too hot, sunny and slushy elsewhere - those runs seem to remain in perfect condition.
ski holidays
Ricklovesthepowder, Plenty of ways back to Meribel from Vallon without going down Ours. The vital lift by the new restaurant at the bottom of Vallon is called Plan des Mains by the way. You can ski back down to Mottaret via a nice blue alonside the snowpark called Rossignol, as I recall. If wanting to get quickly back to Meribel pop up Arolles and zoom down Truite. Alternatively, go a little further down to the Table Vert and use the delicious tree-lined blues down to Meribel from there.

snowHead
latest report
Ours sucks, to much effort no reward. There are plenty of runs above LM which Rick will enjoy, and conditions should be great.
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, Ignore the sillier comments above. As a skiing position, it's excellent. You have on your doorstep the La Masse area, which has some cracking runs and is always the least populated area in the 3V, even on very busy days you can have entire runs to yourself. You're also only 2 or 3 lifts away from courchevel and only 1 from the mighty Combe de vallon. You'll have a blast.
ski holidays
Quote:

That must mean there was overnight snow, never really an issue, mean i will be up bright and early and one of the first to ski in the morning!!!

they'll be pisting a lot every night, new snow or no new snow. But I expect you'll sleep soundly at night after all that skiing. Have a great time. I don't know the 3 Valleys well, especially the Belleville end. Skied Mount Vallon with my son, who does, and remember only lots of nice downhill back to the wretched crowded, icy, mess of Meribel wink - he obviously knew the lifts to choose. For the best skiing, I think you'd stay above Meribel, anyway. If you stop for a hot chocolate or whatever, especially in the Courchevel valley, have a sneaky look at the price list before you plonk your bottom. There are one or two places which don't look any different from other mountain restaurants but which charge a fortune, even for a simple drink.

Couchevel 1650 is a super corner of the 3 Valleys - bit of a schlep though.
snow report
pam w, love Courch 1650

Ricklovesthepowder, at Courch 1650 theres a little set up so you can record your ski speed aswell Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, really, where and how do you do this, any links etc?
latest report
Ricklovesthepowder, 2 years ago it was one of the blues off the top of Roc merlet; pyramids or plan mugnier.
latest report
Found it on a website, it says this

"There is one speed trap situated in Courchevel 1650 on the Grand Bosse piste where you can test your speed. You measure how long it takes you to stop."

Very Happy
snow conditions
Ricklovesthepowder, Vallon, 1650 etc etc are the reasons I urge you to get over into those other 2 valleys further east - you won't regret it wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy