Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'isere or Selva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys racking my brain over a ski week for 2013 already. Have two kids 2 and 6. 6 year old will be in her 3rd season. Looking to go somewhere for us all. La Rosiere not appealing cos of winds. Looked at Val D and Selva with esprit. Selva seems a good deal in Chalet Oskar - chalet where we will be only family. Happy to do this to spend time together as a family. Any experiences etc you could offer. Val D for a 6 year old - too much? Any other suggestions. Going to Flaine this year. been with Snowbizz. Help really appreciated. Grand Hotel Claviere was our first option, but so many negative reviews about it and the resort. Help help....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Val D and Selva very different resorts, I think Selva will be better and nicer for kids-the home runs back to Val D can be tricky. To be fair there are loads of resorts that may suit Val D and Selva have huge ammount of pistes availible is that what you want or a smaller area? Will you be travelling half term times?

Don't really understand your reasoning over Le Ros, high winds might close the conection with Le Thuile at worst but any resort can be subject to high winds.

What sort of budget you looking at?

Does Austria appeal? if not it should Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Joey, Did Val in our third season with the kids, it was probably a couple of trips too soon to get the full benefit. Selva is likely to be more child friendly in my opinion.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Joey, Peisey-Vallandry with Ski Esprit?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What time of year would you be going? What level(s) of skiing/boarding are parents looking for? My own experience with Ski Esprit is that being in their larger chalet hotels has benefits, eg kids tend to make friends with others of similar age.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
we will be going in Jan 2013 as this is the cheapest time to go. 2 year old will be in all day childcare and the 6 year old - it will be her 3rd season on skis. she didn't start in the bottom group last year as she got moved up because she seemed quite good. she was skiing on blues and red. according to esprit she should be in the improvers extra next year.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
done both - selva pre children val with children - - val wont be too much with children - great skiing but resort not up to selva character, but val has v good pool! i'de still opt for selva - cant stand the expensive french beer!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy