Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

montgenevre, les orres, le corbier or les gets (again)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
quick bit of advice
family trip (me, wife 2 children 6 & 10)
adults intermediate
kids second and third skiing holidays

where should we go for relaxing ski trip from the resorts above (or any others you can advise), skied in les gets last year and enjoyed it, do we go again or try somewhere new?

main aim is to have fun so more dependent on being suitable for kids, and not too expensive.

thanks for looking
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wil, welcome snowHead

When?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sorry it was late when I posted.

we are going begining to mid march
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
get a cheap deal at L hammeau apts in montgenevre
no rowdy night life, good kids ski schools and ski from door etc
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wil, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

You mention price as a factor and, whilst March is a way off, Le Corbier is reporting significant depth at the moment. Should meet your needs for the group ability. Le Mont Corbier run by Rocket Ski seemed to offer quite good value for money when I was looking a week or so ago. Maybe not the prettiest town by all accounts, but not the worst either.

Crystal were offering some quite good deals in Montgenevre in a catered chalet (looked a little cramped, but ski in/out). Although I was looking at end Jan, its probably worth checking. From experience, I think Montgenevre should suit your ability spread.

Good luck snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
wil, haven't been to the middle two you mention but although we have our own place in Les Gets which of course we love we did have an excellent week in Jan 2010 in Montgenevre staying at the apartments mentioned by cockerhoop, which we were very happy with. Enjoyed the resort, generally ended up on the Italian side for lunch most days.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Maybe not the prettiest town by all accounts, but not the worst either

Hmm, not sure there are many other contenders in the same league as Le Corbier. Superdeveloy I suppose.

The skiing is great though. Le Mont Corbier is a separate chalet/club hotel just to one side of the brutalist block of apartments. It is very family/child friendly too.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Montgenevre is definitely worth a visit. Very good ski schools, lots of beginner/intermediate skiing, good choice of accommodation. Le Hameau apartments are very nice and good value out of school hols but do check the other costs too. The lift pass is cheaper than les Gets but not that cheap. I think the free child lift pass only goes up to age 5.

Les Orres would be cheaper than Mongtenevre. I went there a long time ago - 20 yrs! It might be better to go there in a couple of years time when your children are older as it has a lot of reds but not many blues. If you want to go somewhere in the southern alps puy st vincent with Snow Bizz might be a better option.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Montgenevre is great for the family - the kids will love the Monty express luge and the slopes are great for the beginners as they feed so well back to the heart of the resort. Value for money it certainly is...
still space in the Zenith chalet and the apts
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Highly recommend Montgenevre, if you can go to France after the 10th March you will avoid the French school holidays.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy