Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

QUick question re Ischgl accomodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Flying to Zurich next Thurs and was thinking of heading to Ischgl

I'm just wondering, there seems to be three lifts that operate from the town up to the ski area. I'm hoping to get accomodation as close as possible to one of them, does anyone have any view on which is the quickest / has the shortest queues?

up early each of the mornings and given that the attractions of Ischgl seem to be quite focussed on apres rather than ski maybe I won't have a problem which ever one I take

But if anyone had any hints it'd be great

Thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
8611, If you are up before nine you won't have a problem , but thirty min later there can be a half hour queue, from my memory the furthest left lift ( by the Elizabeth) was the quietest of the three .
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In my limited experience, ie 3 days skiing in ischgl, the middle station was the quietest ime
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
8611, the gondola that you get to thru the walkway is much the best bet. The funitel from the main village centre / car park gets big queues

Can't think of another lift up - must be a way out of town...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
b]8611[/b], Three lifts all in town, the Silvrettabahn in the centre (25 person capacity), the Fimbabahn at the end of the Dorf tunnel and the Pardaschgratbahn about 50 yards further down outside the Hotel Elizabeth. The last two are on the Eastern side of the village. If you're up early you won't have a problem with any of them. I think they all start at 08:30. In high season you can have a wait at all of them around 09:00 but you should be alright next week. By the way although apres ski is very important there is just as much focus on the skiing. Once on the mountain you'll find very few queues as the lift system is one of the best around.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good luck getting accommodation. Despite years of trying I have never managed this for a few days.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pjd, try Hotel Olympia a couple of minutes walk from the two lifts on the east side of the Dorf tunnel.

We got a 4 day sun to thurs trip last year.

Great hotel,best food ever and good value for the quality.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the tip hedley,
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ask and ye shall receive! Thanks snow heads.

pjd I'm not having too much difficulty getting a place for the three days up to the Saturday, I get the impression a lot of places are hanging on to see if they get a weeks booking starting on the Saturday though. May have to move for the last night but so be it.

I am more concerned at the predictions of warm weather. Having spent the last few days salivating about all the snowboth falling and forecast, basically forcing me into booking flights I'm afraid I'll be in for a let down.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
8611, Wouldn't worry too much about warm weather, it won't be that warm this time of year. Anyway, who's to say that's the forecast is correct - it isn't usually. Currently snow levels are very good, the resort is high. It isn't going to melt. Warmer, sunnier weather should make it more enjoyable. I had a look at the Ischgl webcams today and they didn't look good. Very flat light and snowing. I was there the first week in March in both 2010 and 2011. 2010 was horrible, the coldest weather I have ever skied in, very windy, terrible light. 2011, everyday was a bluebird day, not a cloud in sight, the best conditions I have ever skied in. I shall be there the same week this year and I know what I'm wishing for.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tis true, but after dreaming about it so long before booking it, I now have to start worrying having booked it
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy