Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ok own up, who drives a lamborghini to the alps

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/8995142/Italian-ski-resort-lays-bare-tax-evasion.html
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
with or without chains Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jon Olsson does!

http://unofficialnetworks.com/2011/04/24/mountain-style-jon-olsson-2/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
blockhead, At least one person does, he doesn't live in Italy though.

What the article doesn't say is that the police doing the investigation would probably have been in the resort anyway, the Guardia di Finanza also provide the piste rescue in some Italian ski resorts.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No idea but there is an Aston Martin with the registration OUI 74 in Les Gets, honestly.....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have you ever tried driving rear wheel drive on ice?

I took a Mazda Mx5 to the Alps, but only once!

Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tax is for the little people.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was in Cortina briefly last summer. There certainly was a head-turning array of supercars mooching about. THE car of choice seemed to be the Ferrari California - I hadn't seen one in the UK but there were 4 or 5 of 'em. 458 Italias were just as common as Ford Fiestas. Anyway, good luck to them all. We all pay too much tax.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nadenoodlee, I know exactly who it belongs to.... not us, I hasten to add.... one of the other Aston Martins in Les Gets is owned by Nicolas from Ski Fun Shop.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There's a lovely silver Ferrari which turns up in Sainte Foy now and again with a mountain-bike rack on it! I think that's pretty awesome. Cool
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Anyway, good luck to them all. We all pay too much tax.

Not sure that luck comes into it, but rather endemic, barefaced fraud. I also got the impression that the owners of the cars in question definitely weren't due any tax refunds.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
how hard would you laugh if you saw someone with one halfway up a hill trying to stick snow chains on is also an interesting question Wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
moffatross, well, actually, the Italian Govt should be pleased they are buying Italian supercars. There's an awful lot of tax tied up in a Ferrari.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
One of the Rothschilds lives in Verbier and drives a seriously beautiful vintage Ferrari! But that is normal in Verbier Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Have you ever tried driving rear wheel drive on ice?

Which is why I laugh every time I see those BMW adverts about rear-wheel drive and front based engine being the perfect balance Toofy Grin
latest report
It's not so bad...

http://youtube.com/v/X4XwRWGy7Ts
latest report
rjs wrote:
blockhead, At least one person does, he doesn't live in Italy though.

What the article doesn't say is that the police doing the investigation would probably have been in the resort anyway, the Guardia di Finanza also provide the piste rescue in some Italian ski resorts.

There was a Guardia di Finanza vehicle driving around Cervinia last week, I wondered what their jurisdiction was at the time, so now you've helped with that, thanks.
snow report
AndAnotherThing.., Loved seeing the startos in that clip Very Happy
ski holidays
Dot., I know, when I get that euro lotto win... Toofy Grin
latest report
AndAnotherThing.., that's amazing how close the spectators are standing to the course in that clip. Brilliant Very Happy
ski holidays
seen a few in Verbier over the years.
latest report
nbt wrote:
Jon Olsson does!

http://unofficialnetworks.com/2011/04/24/mountain-style-jon-olsson-2/

Love the WWII German battleship style paint job Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Shock horror probe. Italians in tax evasion shocker.

In other news: sun to come up in the morning; Pope is catholic; bears sh*t in the woods.

Nice to think that we're all paying for this one way or the other. It's all part of being a good European
latest report
Most Lambo's are 4wd and with the ESP left on not as scsary as you'd think on ice/snow. Can remember seeing Tiff Needell take a Gallardo round an ice track at some point on fifth gear, electronics stimmy even the heaviest right foot.
snow report
AndAnotherThing.. wrote:
Love the WWII German battleship style paint job Toofy Grin

Dazzle Camo was a British invention and in use during WWI (not that it wasn't in WWII by the Germans but credit where it's due eh?)
snow report
Richard_Sideways, I'll blame my sources - an early '90s issue of Performance Bikes and a lazy google images search Laughing
ski holidays
Dot. wrote:
AndAnotherThing.., Loved seeing the startos in that clip Very Happy

And the barriers made of spectators!
latest report
Quote:

Shock horror probe. Italians in tax evasion shocker.

In other news: sun to come up in the morning; Pope is catholic; bears sh*t in the woods.

what has the world come to - next it will be UK plumbers, builders, Taxi drivers, Doctors dodging tax . . . . . . rolling eyes

(PS - anybody want a Chalet for a week - cash in hand guv NehNeh )
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy