Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bourg St Maurice Half Term or La Raffort Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Considering taking our motorhome to Bourg St Maurice for half term. My main concern is over how big the Funicular queue would be first thing in the morning. Or is it better to get a bus?? Any help would be great

The alterative would to go to Meribel and stay at La Raffort on the caravaniege? if any one has done that then any info would be great

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mrs Bear, Sorry i can't help but welcome to SnowHeads snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mrs B, The best resource on the web for us skiing motorhomers is http://www.motorhomeski.com/ which has reviews of the campsites in both areas. If you're driving from UK my personal recommendation would be to forget France and drive the extra hour to go to the site at St Anton http://www.camping-arlberg.at/en/. We've done the last 3 New Years here and it is fantastic, especially if you like the 'Wellness Scene' or have kids. 5 mins by bus to the bottom of the lifts in St Anton.

Addressing your specifc question regarding the Funicular, you'll probably get the ski bus from the campsite to the funicular and the wait depends on the time of day you get there. As you'd expect 0900-1000 you'll probably queue for up to 20 mins, but much more pleasent than the standing room bus up the hill. I don't think I've ever saved (or made) time by going on the bus.

With regrads to the relative merits of Bourg vs Meribel, do want a decent shower block and valley prices at the supermarket and bars, or Meribel at 10 degrees lower, more expense and a portaloo?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
look at the St Anton option - far far better than Bourg.. and as for Meri-Hell... lets not even go there... wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys, St Anton looks tempting, how much did it cost at New Year. Looking at the price list do you pay for the pitch say 40 euros and then adults and kids prices on top?

The last three seasons we have been to La Giffe at Samoens, fantastic but now need to go elsewhere!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Off the top of my head, we paid about 60 Euros a day (2 Adults & 3 Kids 4-14) including electricty and taxes for the 'Comfort Platz' with the bathroom hut. This is a must unless you have a huge van. It has piping hot shower, Dishwashing sink, loo and plenty of space for drying out even if the conditions have been really bad. The free swimming and wellness centre is good, you do pay a little extra for the Sauna but I suspect the kids won't want to go in anyway! The on-site restaurant does great Pizza and more traditional dishes, but stock up on what you need before you get there as the supermarkets are a bus ride away. The Village of Pettnau has some nice traditional Autstrian restaurants, but the kids would probably prefer eating in St Anton. Bus is included in the lift pass and if you do go, make the effort to get over to Lech and Ski the Wiessring which is good fun and within the comfort zone of most intermediates.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mrs Bear wrote:
Considering taking our motorhome to Bourg St Maurice for half term. My main concern is over how big the Funicular queue would be first thing in the morning. Or is it better to get a bus?? Any help would be great

The alterative would to go to Meribel and stay at La Raffort on the caravaniege? if any one has done that then any info would be great

Thanks

I would also be worried about the chuffing huge traffic jams on the way down / back.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the advice, decision made off at a complete tangent, caravaneige at La Plange Monchavin!, anyone been there? Blush
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy