Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski gear for growing kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking both skis and boots.

Obviously kids grow like growing beans, feet get bigger, bodies get taller.

However, with some kids, like mine at the moment, this may not necessarily be accompanied by huge gains in weight (which I know helps my stiff skis to flex enough to use them as intended). Though their skiing skills are improving considerably.

My eldest has just turned 12 and we have just sorted them out new skis for this year (and hopefully next), so I am not looking at an urgent issue here, but I have started to think about how gear progresses as they get older.

Obviously they are in gear (boots and skis) designed for kids at the moment, but shoe size and height may eventually dictate that kids gear gets less easy to find and you have to buy 'adult' gear which I guess?? is heavier, stiffer etc. At what point do you know that adult gear is the best way forwards? Is it just when they fit it or are there any problems with putting large, but possibly lightish kids into technically adult gear too soon.

Or is it all just marketting hype with no real difference between the quality of kids and adult gear apart from the VAT and graphic designs on things as, for example, with riding hats?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy