Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Ski manufacture is becoming less profitable" - US Ski magazine claim

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Between 1990 and 2005 the average wholesale cost of a pair of skis (in the US) has risen by 15%, against a 50% rise in prices of other goods over the same period, according to Ski Industries America.

This is reported in an article on the website of US magazine 'Ski' - click here - which analyses the price of a pair of skis from production cost through to retail.

This article may reflect industry concerns that the new trend of packaging skis and bindings as a single unit (with the resultant price hike for those used to remounting good bindings on a new pair of skis) has resulted in ski prices appearing quite high.

It would be interesting to have comments on this. Are you in the market for skis this winter, and what do you think of the deals on offer?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't know if i agree. I remember buying in 95' a pair of Fischer SC4 with Salomon bindings (either 555 or 777) and a pair of rear entry Salomon boots for about 1500-1600 French Francs. At the time this was a bit under 300$ (i think). OK, so the boots weren't that good, but the rest of the gear was decent enough
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy