Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any Suggestions For A Wheeled Skis Bag?

Poster: A snowHead
I've finally decided to put my old bag to bed.

When I go on a trip I tend to put everything into my bag so I'm looking for a roomy bag with a large separate pocket for my boots (size 12).

Any suggestions would be mucho appreciated as I've been trawling through the internet with very few leads.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Check out: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=73774
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Da kine stuff is the business. The concourse bag was awesome. Dunno if it's still made though. I use a 190cm fall line just now though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The_Hirsty, have a look at http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47879&highlight=, we have just bought the snokart kargo and are pleased with it, liked the big wheels, and the fact that it stands up, you can buy extra bits such as a bag to put your boots in. we also have the snow and rock weekender, which is their biggest bag despite what the website says, it has pockets at either end for your boots, its about 8 trips old now and has stood up well
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I looked in to this a lot in December and the best i came up with by far was the Da Kine Double concourse bag.

Is a really well thought out bag and has plenty room for boots and all your gear.

The 185cm bag is long enough for my 190cm skis and could even take 195cm with ease.

Have only taken it on one trip so far but was very pleased with it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
smclean0, but it's 5kgs empty isn't it?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a SportTube double. Very solid and good wheels but you can't put much more than skis and poles in it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Doubt you'll beat the head one for value for money, could say for sure but mine is in the City Link depot in Ilkeston and I won't get chance to pick it up till Friday
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've used this on twice:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Snowboard-%2f-Double-Ski-Bag-Padded-Big-Air-RRP%a360_W0QQitemZ360344743740QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=211060039989&rvr_id=211060039989&cguid=32eacdee12e0a47a09667556ffe35cdc

It just about fits my 181cm skis, with boots (without a separate pocket) and enough gear for a week, and the whole pack weighed in at 22kg. I went for the unwheeled bag to save weight (I suggest you check the manufacter's weight before you buy)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The bigger the better, handy if you want to bring two sets of skis and pay for one ski carriage
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Long time user of Da Kine, now switched to Evoc. It's the future.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name, think it does weigh about that empty.

I put all my ski gear in it, including ski clothes, backback etc and it weighed in at 22kg on the dot.

Put all my casual clothes in my carry on (Burton Flightdeck) and had more than enough space for everything.

First time i've used that bag set up but made it effortless to pack and have enough space for everything while keeping in with the weights

Unless they weigh your carry on Twisted Evil
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
HellBent, Where did you get the evoc ski bag in the UK ??
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone tried the Ellis Team double roller?

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/ski-bags-&-luggage/ellis-brigham-ltd/705734/e.b.-team-edition-double-roller

Not cheap but seems very light for what it is. Got their double ski bag which is fine but I'm fed up of lugging it about with no wheels.

All the alternatives seem a lot heavier and with my "half" of the luggage allowance always seeming on the small size that matters wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm also on the lookout for the biggest most Robust Wheeled Bag. I've heard the Head Monster bag is good, but can't find a UK retailer that does them.
Dakine have served me well in the past. Very well built. The quality is generally in the stitching of the handles.
I avoid Rossignol bags...we've had two break at the handles due to poor stitching.
snow report
Timely thread. I'm hoping to get one at the ski show or on the net shortly afterwards. I only have short skis so am thinking the Head Travel Board bag will do the job, but I want to prod and poke some in person at the show tomorrow. If I see anything I hadn't considered / stands-out / good deal I'll come back and post on here.
latest report
I went for the Head Travel Boardbag in the end as it seems to be the highest volume, best design one available in my price range.

If you are happy to pay £100 upwards then the Snokart rangewww.snokart.com looks excellent, but hey, it's only a bag. So although I couldn't find one to check out at the ski show I went for the Head bag based on what I remembered of Crazy Climber's one when I saw it earlier this year, and the number of threads and pictures to be found on this forum of it.

It arrived in the post today and does the job for me fine. My skis are only 156cm, but I got a 168cm pair in as well, that's right at its length limit though. There are two layers to the main compartment, so you can keep clothes and kit separate, plus 3 internal and 2 external pockets. Plenty of straps to stop skis/board slipping around inside. It has a massive depth to it, nearly 30cm, plenty of room for my helmet to sit on top of skis and still put stuff into the pockets on top and zip up easily.

There's very few available on the internet at the moment. I got mine for £69.99 from Ski Plus Limited as I need it later this month. There's another retailer selling them for £99, and that's all that I can find right now. (Crazy Climber and a few others managed to get them for less on amazon at the end of last season.)

There appears to be two slightly different coloured models out there. One is dark black/dark grey model (looks black on photos, but in reality is slightly chequered). The other is a lighter grey/black cheque (you can see the pattern on photos) One website (now out of stock and removed) implied the light coloured one was a ladies one and was shorter. I'm not 100% sure of this, and think they may have just changed the colour scheme for this season. Check before you buy!

Ski Plus retailer: http://skiplusltd.web-epos.com/product/7811/Head_Travel_Boardbag
snow report
I just bought one of these: http://uk.thenorthface.com/tnf-uk-en/equipment/travel-bags/base-camp-ski-roller-1.html

I thought the Dakine Concourse would be just a bit big. If I would have known about the 'Kart' listed above I would have considered it.
latest report
I have a head bag, very sturdy, used many times!
latest report
Gadge wrote:
Anyone tried the Ellis Team double roller?

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/ski-bags-&-luggage/ellis-brigham-ltd/705734/e.b.-team-edition-double-roller

I love it. I spent 2 seasons travelling around the Alps on public transport with this bag carrying 2 pairs of skis, tripod, boots and as much ski and filming gear as possible. I cant tell you how many flights of stairs its fallen down and still working well lol
snow conditions
Just thought i'd big up the Head Monster bag.

It's a beaut. Well put together, plenty of padding, different layers, Boot pockets, Helmet bag, Ski Fasteners etc, etc.

I've taken a few photos to show how much room there is in it. Plenty more space to get the rest of my skiing gear in as well.

It stands at 28kg's at the moment. So i've got a few more Kg's to put in before i get charged extra. I'll wear my Ski Jacket on the plane. So just Socks, Training Warm shorts, Ski Pants and Base layers left to put in.

So, i'm thinking i should be ok, as i've got 24 kg of booked on luggage and hand luggage to go.

It's a good bag and about 6' Tall and rigid. Highly Recommended.

Often websites will show the outside of a bag, and you don't get a good perspective of what you can get in it.

If you're doing a Season, I can highly recommend this bag.

snow report
spud, ah! This looks like the ski version of the Head travel board-bag, same internal dividers, outer pockets, straps etc. I went for the snowboard one as my skis are short enough to fit it. Out of interest where did you manage to get the monster bag from in the UK, or did you get it shipped in?
snow conditions
I did a deal with a guy on another Ski Forum. He won it as a Prize at a Race event in Edinburgh. Brand new, with tags on...so well happy.

The Dakine is very Similar. Both are built well, which is half the battle these days.

Any Head Dealer would get them in i'm sure, if you were to order one.
latest report
great thread - just in the market for a 2 ski puppy
latest report
I've had a read of a lot of posts on bags and there seems to be a wide range out there, i've called in to EB and S&R but most bags just seem like big holdalls so i'd like to get some of your opinions and experiences.

What i'm looking for is to transport 1 set of skis (177s)
1 set of poles
1 set of boots
1 helmet
1 back protector

plus clothes

I know there is a certain wisdom to not having everything in one bag but if i could at least get the skis and the clothes in the same bag that would be good. the Snokart bags with their modular setup seems good, does anyone have any experience?
latest report
Perhaps you should look harder, here's a very recent thread:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=84019
snow report
Dear Altis

I saw that, i'm not just asking about the snokart, I'm thinking in broader terms because the cost of the snokart is quiet a lot, maybe you should read posts fully Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy