Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Travel BoardBag

Poster: A snowHead
Hi. I am looking for a bag to try and fit my skis (165cms) and boots and clothes and as much other crap as I can get into one bag... so here is mu thought, I have found this bag:

http://www.ridehead.com/products/bags.php?region=uk&tag=men&id=3561 (hopefully that will work)

if not its the Head Travel Boardbag, now I have found it relatively cheap (big plus point for me) but I wanted to know if anyone else has any views on this and in particular its size... from a couple websites I have figured the dims to be aprox 170x36x30, now that's about all I can gather from various websites as no one seems to have much in the way of a spec for it...

Any views tips or anything else much appreciated Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Always buy a roller bag if you don't want to be sweating like a rapist carrying it through airports etc but weight of the bag itself is the key thing with airline allowances being what they are (sleasyjet excepted). At £27 on amazon you won't find anything much cheaper.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This was my thinking. Its cheap, got wheels, should be able to fit the kitchen sink in it... just can't find much info on it ie its weight...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah, mong moment, after a little more digging and reading I found its boxed weight is 4.3Kg, gives a rough idea
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Making me want to return my Decathlon Wedze bag which came in at £59 with discount (normally 79.99)... The Decathlon bag has same dimensions and approx weight. Has good padding and extra padding to put between boards with good compression straps and has nice extendable end for longer skis...

Let us know what it is like if you get it!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Will this take a 173cm ski on the diagonal do you think?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mike Pow, Will let you know when the one I've just ordered from Amazon turns up, Amazon also have this one http://www.ridehead.com/products/bags.php?region=uk&tag=women&id=3566 at the same price, might be a bit smaller though as the quoted weight is 4 kg
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just took the plunge and ordered one too. So once it arrives I'll post about it too...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mike Pow wrote:
Thanks

No problem, with luck I'll have my 173 Storms by the end of the week to test it perfectly for you, if not I'll do you a best guess based on my 169 speedwaves
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Much appreciated.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Picking up the storms 10am Friday, might have to make a detour after to pick the bag up from Citylink after unless I get lucky and the chap who lives just down the road is the delivery man but expect a report by luchtime!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well my bag arrived yesterday Smile nice speedy postage from amazon. didn't get much time to play with it but it seems very good. My skis fit lengthways like a glove - they are 165cm. Slightly longer would probably fit in but would be snug. That said I'm sure with use it will give a bit.

Padding is good, with velcro straps to hold a board (or skis) in place and a big padded flap to separate it. its got several pockets inside and out, mesh ones on the inside for bits and bobs. All in all very spacious. and at £27 instead of the rrp of £90 that amazon state, a bargain!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Wow... Any piccies possible!? Think I might return my Decathlon bag this weekend and buy the head one!

cheers Crazy Climber
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yea I will try and get some pix done tonight then try to work out how to get them on here...
latest report
any chance you can measure the diagonal please? thanks

oh and what's the weight of it empty please?
ski holidays
Ok, here goes... The diagonal is aprox 165cm, now I would think this would give a bit more if having skis wedged in it or after having been used a bit. It still has its new stiffness...

the weight, according to my highly calibrated cheapo scales is just under 4kg.

and for my next trick I will try to upload a couple photos...
snow report
Thought length was 170? Sure diagonal is 165? Would you be able to provide full internal measurements? Thanks!
latest report
Quote:

Thought length was 170? Sure diagonal is 165? Thanks!

I thought that, as you say, the spec says length of 170, all I can think of is that being new and having been folded up in storage at a warehouse for god knows how long its still in said folded state and will give with use...

try this link for photos, might work, shout if it doesn't...

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/m1497-crazy-climber-protype1.html
ski holidays
Excellent many thanks... Worked a treat!!! How long are your skiis?
snow report
they are 165cm but measured tip to tail without following the curve of the tips they are nearer 160cm
snow report
Thanks for the info.

Not for me I guess, if your 165cm are touching the ends.
snow report
Not a chance of getting 173s in I'm afraid, in fact I think 170 would be optimistic given how much of a struggle it was to get my 169s in, they do fit but it is a pretty tight squeeze.
ski holidays
Thanks. Shame. The price was right.
snow conditions
Hi do your ski's and boots and clothes fit in the head bag. I was thinking about getting 160 skis. The man in the shop said he wouldnt put boots in with skis because the boots might damage skis?
snow report
harryspotter, Got my 169s and all my and my 7 year olds ski and evening clothes along with some odds and ends of the bigger kids kit in mine at just under 23kg. Didn't do it this time thanks to juggling stuff between bags to keep them at suitable weights but with just my clothes think the boots would have gone in no problem, has a padded sheet to separate 2 boards in the bag which would keep the boots (in their own internal pockets) away from the skis even if you didn't pad them with clothing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy