Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accommodation recommendation – Glenshee

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Everyone

A friend and I have to be in Glasgow tomorrow for work and are thinking of staying up for Friday and the weekend to go snowboarding at Glenshee.

Can anyone recomend an ok cheapish hotel / hostel in a decent location for Glenshee?

Thanks Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We stayed at one of the cabins at http://www.braemarlodge.co.uk/ this time last year, got a decent last-minute price since there were only two of us and they wanted to fill a bigger cabin (sorry, I forget how much it was). Lovely place and just round the corner from the shops and stuff in Braemar. Didn't eat in the hotel, but it looked lovely and my word, did they have a good whisky selection.

Nice enough drive to Glenshee too, also that approach road is apparently much more likely to be open than the one from the South. We also drove over to The Lecht on a couple of days depending on the snow forecast and went cross-country skiing in Clashindarroch Forrest (though lord knows if there's enough snow for that right now!).

Hope that helps,

Andrew.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Spittal of Glenshee is incredibly cheap at the moment if you book through booking.com. Great hotel in a great location, some of the rooms are a bit basic but really cosy bar area and good, cheap food. When I priced it up for this weekend they were doing 2 nights for 2 people for £25. We always stay at the Spittal whenever we ski at Glenshee.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that - will check out both.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've booked the Spittal via booking.com - a twin room was still £90 for two nights which I thought was pretty good and it looks like a cooked breakfast can be ordered for < £7 pp. Seems like it is the closest hotel too.

Fingers crossed for light winds, some more snow, but not too much to close any roads Very Happy

Neithe of us have ever been snowboarding to Scotland before but the oppertunity of being up there anyway seemed too good to miss. Whatever the snow conditions it should be a bit of an adventure anyway.

About driving in Scotland, I don't have snow chains but I do have winter tyres on - I'm hoping this will be good enough?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Think the price must increase with the snow depth forecast! Still a bargain though, quite a few weekends last year the Spittal was doing b & b for £9.95 per person per night, but you had to ring up to get that price. It's worth checking their own website now and again for offers. You should have no problem with winter tyres on, I don't think there's a huge amount of snow forecast between now and Friday night so you should be fine. We would be nipping up (when I say nipping its actually a 600 mile round trip for us) this weekend too, but inconsiderate friends are moving to OZ shortly so we have to give them a bit of a send off instead. Hope you have a great time.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks, we're going form Leeds so also about 600 miles but the necessity of being in Glasgow tomorrow evening is just too good an opportunity to miss!

Enjoy your party.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy