Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

replacement for salomon evolution 8.0

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
any suggestions - ive decided time to retire the salomon evolution 8.0 - skied about 10 weeks in them over last 7 years or so - good intermediate skier - male - 5'10 - 144lbs - like to ski aggresivly wamt to improve my technique
thanks in advance
paul
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They are boots right?
Why are you retiring them?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
right, boots, layne - a bit battered and worn now - a couple of the stiffness sliders have broken and liner slightly ripped at top. i also did have some pins and needles last year - but putting that down to age more than anything!Smile
figured technology might have moved on in last 10 years and might be a good time to buy with sales on.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
prbrown, technology has indeed moved on a great deal in those 10 years in terms of plastics and boot shapes, there are no bad boots out there, just ones that don't fit your feet well, best thing is to go and see a fitter and have your feet looked at with regard to what will work best, also worth remembering that they are only a bargain if they really fit you well

good luck getting sorted
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Paul, As CEM said it largely comes down to what fits best and then getting them customised accordingly. CEM can do that for you wink if you are within striking distance of Bicester. Or let people know where you live and they can recommend someone closer.

I replaced my Salomons a couple of years back with Atomic M100's. TBH, I haven't noticed much change technical side of the boot but then CEM knows a lot more than me Madeye-Smiley But I had them customised and they are a lot more comfortable as a result. I'm not sure ski boots are ever going to feel like a pair of slippers!

I think my wife has Evolution 8.0's and she loves them. She's never had them customised or nothing. Says they are lovely and comfy. Go figure. But she has lumpy feet and thick ankles, whereas my feet are narrow and the ankles bony. Don't worry though she does have the boobs and me the the willy. Shocked
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
few - thats reassuring thanks layne Embarassed

about half hour from bicester CEM - may pop in!

thanks all
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've got some Salomon Evolution 7s that miught suit you
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try the Mission Rs 8 or 12s from solly. They have wide lasts but fairly narrow heel space.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks all - any ideas how much im going to spend sounds expensive getting boots fitted (2/3/4 hours?)these days - plus molded insoles etc - there's a recession on you know!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy