Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help with ski selection

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I've pretty much dedicated the last 6 seasons to getting my kids and previously non-skier wife up and running on skis. Happily the time has now come where we can all ski pretty much anywhere on the mountain as a family and as a reward I'm looking to treat myself to a new pair of skis. I'm intending to spend most of my time skiing on piste with the children and consequently I'm looking for a ski that will handle well and cope with extremes of skiing slowly with my 5 yer old on blues and reds to higher speed carving and being occassionally dragged off piste by my older boys! I'd also like something that would cope with the now all too infrequent lads weekends away when I get to let loose a little. My own research seems to point to the Atomic Blackeye ti (Nomad?) and maybe Scott Missions. I should add that ten years ago I would have called myself an expert however I reckon I've slipped to good intermediate with aspirations of getting it back!

Suggestions for further research would be gratefully received. Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mission not really an excellent piste ski and will need lots of agility, but does carve well- just for those wow it's really good in powder and untracked moments where it excels. But Bu*ger it buy a pair, I had 3 pairs and regret selling them. I am trying the Atomic Theory to see if they have cracked it, which I would add to your list if you are in the Mission type mode.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Cynic..any view on ther Dynastar legend sultans? Seem like they may do the job too?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mumble wrote:
Thanks Cynic..any view on ther Dynastar legend sultans? Seem like they may do the job too?

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=83610 - it did occur to me that they might tick a lot of your boxes. So far I'm very happy with mine - good allrounders without losing much piste performance, and very reasonably priced if you can find last year's model.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Line Prophet 90's or K2 Recoil for my money, i know that probably just confuses things a bit more!
I've got some Recoils ordered with a Schizo binding that moves up and down the ski depending on where you are on the mountain, close to centre for playing in the park, back of centre for piste and even further back for off piste/powder.
They're replacing my 8yr old K2 Public Enemys and from what i've heard they're as good so hopefully last me another 8!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys for your suggestions..all very helpful!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Missions would be a great choice. Go with your initial hunch!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy