Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chemmy on Ice

Poster: A snowHead
Lots of rumours running up to today's official announcement. Anyway, she's officially in the line up of 15 celebs taking to the ice this Sunday on the telly. At 10:30 today she'll be on This Morning talking about it if you're interested.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm might be worth watching after all Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Coming up next, after the break
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
dudes

failed bit part sports chick
only known amongst the geekiest of skiers
soon to be failed dancer on ice
has she retired after her break ?
maybe we should have a collection for her
if she is so skint she has to do this sh;t

ok bye
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
She has more allure than that Jennifer Enniston bird whose immodest outfit reveals an unflattering glimpse of her front bottom area Shocked
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jane Torville?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here's the line up. Not bothered with it in the past - but just might this year. Or not.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cleavage - http://twitpic.com/82m9py
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All I can say is that she must be short of a bob or two !
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
She's been 'keeping it a secret' on Twitter......she's a harmless namedropper, and in fairness the girl has to make a living.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A friend told me she was in skate training last September as per other thread, can't keep anything quiet in that sport either.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Voice of Treason, I am liking your posts!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Don't encourage him!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Voice of Treason, My wife said she will need a very strong partner because she's quite a lump isn't she.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think she has timed this perfectly, if she gets on well she boosts her profile and then does a final season on the slopes and manages to fund it through her dancing on Ice.

Worst case scenario she ups her publicity, makes some money and finds out she can not ski next year but has a increased public exposure and makes advances in her Non Ski career.

Best case scenario; she ups her publicity, funds next season and has a bigger public profile after she retires and has a much bigger public exposure.

Barring a complete injury disaster on the ice she is on to a winner.
ski holidays
Fattes13, Thought you were more of an L.V. man !! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Tony Ellwood,

cupcake

I say what others believe
but are too scared to post
Chemmy could enter any reality TV show
and still receive support on here
no matter what she does
even though she is a loser

ok bye
ski holidays
Voice of Treason, Umm let me think- she representated her country which is probably more than you or I will ever do and if you have ever pointed your skis straight down a ladies downhill you will know that the concept of being a "loser" doesn't really come into the equation. So you don't say what others believe, next time speak for yourself.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 4-01-12 12:27; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I must admit I am supprised to hear the odd comment about Chemmy being a 'loser'. its even more odd that these comments are comming from people passionate about
the sport she competes in.
Voice of Treason, bit harsh I think.
and ps
why do you
keep posting
as if you are
writting an address
on an envelope.

Puzzled
ski holidays
Spinout, cup cake

Chimene Mary Alcott has won f'all internationally
and thinks a podium is something she needs
to see what a winner looks like

highest overall WC ranking is 32nd
any one else in any other athletics sport
would have quit
for being such a loser

ok bye
latest report
And realistically we all know her because we love this sport....but she will be met with a collective "who the f**k is she?" from the rest of the general public....it'll get her into heat and the tabloids and she may get more media work, but it won't be anything to do with her skiing.
ski holidays
Renry wrote:
Voice of Treason, bit harsh I think.
and ps
why do you
keep posting
as if you are
writting an address
on an envelope.

Puzzled

Posting from a mobile, at a guess. Others do better - but to be fair, it can be a bit of a pain.
snow conditions
Voice of Treason, Just once.....please call me cup cake Sad
ski holidays
It annoys me that I'm reacting to this, as Voice Of Treason is clearly just trying to get a reaction.
But...
If I was the 32nd best (at anything) out of a potential 3.5 Billion, I would in no way consider myself a loser.
If you try and don't become the best at something do you then just give it up?
Who is the loser?
ski holidays
Voice of Treason wrote:
highest overall WC ranking is 32nd

Nice bit of selective arguing. But she doesn't compete in slalom (unless part of combined) so better to look at her rankings in the individual disciplines.

11th in an Olympic downhill, ranked 8th in the world at combined, a number of top ten finishes in world cup races, she's far from being a loser. If she'd been Austrian she'd have made their A team.

DOI is a springboard to lots of media stuff. I think there's a crock of gold at the end of her particular rainbow. The Beeb, for example, needs a new Sue Barker and a younger Gabby Logan (no offence to either of 'em) and I can see Chemmy slotting right in there.

Anyway, you are clearly not a loser, sitting there in your string vest surrounded by half eaten pizzas, posting strangely formed tosh on an internet forum half way through a normal working day.
snow report
Bode Swiller, good reposte. To add to that, when you consider she grew up in Surrey and is competing against Austrians/French/Swiss/Germans/Italian who grew up in the mountains, her achievements are all the greater. And she's best mates with Julia Mancuso (my future wife) so she gets triple cred points.

Here endeth the troll feeding.
snow conditions
dudes

in any other sport, being a Brit champ is being an international chimp
and coming 11th at best in a selected deiscipline just once internationally is actually losing
the girl has an international record of 101010
even though she has been skiing from the age of 2
has had a privileged up bring
that has allowed her to be based in the Alps and NZ to train
getting the same time on the snow as all the other French, Austrian, Italians etc
name any other Alpine skier with such a poor record that has milked such mediocrity for so long?

snowhead myopic ski worshipping at its worst

ok bye
snow report
Best to stop feeding trolls like VoT. He is only looking for attention.

Hope she does good, but I probably won't watch.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Crumbs, she looks a bit hefty compared the the others Shocked . (Scroll down for individual pics.)
snow conditions
Well she gets my vote. At least I have heard of her (and even met her at HH). Compared to the usual array of soap opera and top-40 has-beens, she should be a contender. Go Chemmy!
ski holidays
maggi, as the only international athlete in the line up, and in a sport that requires a strong body, is that altogether surprising?
latest report
Dr John, no. But will it pull in the votes? (Not from us but from the general public.)
ski holidays
maggi, She looks like she eats and hits the weights proper fit not just I eat nothing and look good because I am skinny fit.

She is all women!

Look fair play to the girl she has realised that her time as a competing athlete is near the end and has decided to do something about it to ensure she has a steady income after.

briand6868, LV first Chemmy second or all at once either way.
ski holidays
maggi, When was the last time you saw a skinny downhiller Puzzled
snow report
maggi, dunno, don't care. Who knows what's in the mind of the people who vote on such things. It certainly isn't grey matter. I certainly won't be watching, but I'll be supporting Chemmy in my own private way.
snow conditions
maggi, don't think she's particularly hefty, but stick her next to the nearly anorexic Jorgie Porter and she will definitely look fatter, http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/376989_295312560514991_119779448068304_817507_1591858299_n.jpg says she's just been unlucky with the photographer
ski holidays
I quite like a bit of heft if i'm honest

hubba hubba
snow conditions
Quote:

but I'll be supporting Chemmy in my own private way

Shocked
snow report
Calm down guys Laughing I hope she wins! But have you ever watched Dancing on Ice? They are in pairs and the bloke has to do some spectacular lifting to win votes . She may be the perfect size for downhill but that's irrelevant here.
latest report
barry wrote:
I quite like a bit of heft if i'm honest

hubba hubba

I dont think you're alone
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy