Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Important new law for those visiting Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Source: http://austriantimes.at/news/General_News/2011-12-31/38457/Heard_the_one_about_the_Austrian_blonde%3F

Heard the one about the Austrian blonde?
A new law that makes jokes about blondes illegal comes into force in Austria from 1 January as part of a tough new package of anti-terrorism measures.

Lawmakers argued that blond-haired people could feel themselves marginalised and end up resorting to terrorist measures to get revenge on a society that rejected them if the jokes were not banned.

The new law was originally aimed to make it easier for authorities to tackle those promoting extremist standpoints verging on promoting terrorism but by the time it was approved had been extended to include what was previously only regarded as questionable humour.

Also banned uner the new paragraphs 278 and 283 of the Austrian penal code are jokes about people from the Burgenland region of Austria, the agricultural region in the far east of the country where locals are often the subject of anecdotes along the lines of jokes about Irishman in the UK.

Charges for serious breaches can be up to 2 years for repeat offenders.

Austrian newspaper the Krone quoted the president of the Austrian Lawyers Association Rupert Wolff as saying: "From January certain jokes about blondes and people from Burgenland can be punishable in a court of law."

Wolff added: "This law is an over reaction. It is just not neccesary in Austria. It is in any case an invasion of the private sphere of Austrians. it might be that something someone says is in bad taste or just plain stupid, but it should be allowed anyway and not banned by the law."

In Hungary recently blonde women staged a protest march in the capital Budapest demanding fairer treatment of blondes, with Hungarian blonde rights spokeswoman Zsuzsa Kovacs saying: "Blondes really do face discrimination at work, on the street. People are banned by law from discriminatiing against Jews, or blacks, so why not grant blondes the same protection."

And in Romania a Romanian model who set up a new political party to fight for models’ rights – including jail terms for anyone making dumb blonde
jokes - welcomed the Austrian move.

Sanziana Buruiana, 27, said her Romanian Models Party also wants to make it law that anyone making dumb blonde jokes will be fined or even sent to jail.

But a planned march in Russia by hundreds of blondes to protest against anti-blonde discrimination was a flop after only a tenth of those who promised to be there were organised enough to make it.

Organisers of the protest in the Russian town of Nizhniy Novgorod admitted the rest had given excuses ranging from getting lost to getting the time wrong, not finding a parking place and in one case even deciding to go shopping instead.

In the end only 20 women turned up instead of the 200 who had registered to attend.

The blondes who did take part held banners with slogans such as "Blonde hair is a gift".

They complained they were discriminated against by men and other women at work and want legislation brought in to stop blonde jokes being told in public.

Anna Zaitseva, who organised the protest, said: "All we wanted was the same rights for blonde girls as for everyone else."
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The other 180 probably can't read a map or diary

Well that's me going to jail
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Poor Ginnogs
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Poor Ginnogs

Had to Google that one rolling eyes never heard it before
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There was a typical blond. She had long, blond hair, blue eyes, and she was sick of all the blond jokes. One day, she decided to get a make over, so she cut and dyed her hair. She also went out and bought a new convertible. She went driving down a country road and came across a herd of sheep. She stopped and called the sheep herder over.

"That's a nice flock of sheep," she said.

"Why thank you," said the herder.

"Tell you what. I have a proposition for you," said the woman.

"Okay," replied the herder.

"If I can guess the exact number of sheep in your flock, can I take one home?" asked the woman.

"Sure," said the sheep herder.

So, the girl sat up and looked at the herd for a second and then replied "382."

"Wow," said the herder. "That is exactly right. Go ahead and pick out the sheep you want to take home."

So the woman went and picked one out and put it in her car.

Then, the herder said, "Okay, now I have a proposition for you."

"What is it?" queried the woman.

"If I can guess the real colour of your hair, can I have my dog back?"
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Poor Ginnogs

phew I had to goggle that as well, and I am married to one Shocked

ps whoops Google Embarassed
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy