Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half Term Ski Recommedations - Departing 11/12 Feb

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All (First Post),

I have found some great info in this forum however I am now looking for some specific advice regarding our pending snow trip.

Unfortunately the only time we can get away will be 11/12 February for 7 days. This is UK half term but are hoping we can still have an affordable holiday. We have both been snowboarding separately in the past (Austria and France) but are looking to do a skiing trip together.

I have looked at cheaper options in France, Austria, Andorra and Italy however am still unsure of where to go. Any advice/suggestions?

Requirements:
- Fly out London 11/12 February returning no later than 19 February.
- Accommodation close to lifts (either by foot or free ski bus).
- Self catering or half board. There seem to be many B&B options but then we may be forced to eat at restaurants for the week ($$$).
- Always difficult to predict, but good conditions and easy enough runs back into town - I was thinking anywhere above 1800m but understand home runs can always be tough due to high traffic?
- We will be first time skiers, so would be looking for some ski school classes. Then going out ourselves in the afternoons.
- Given we are skiing newbies we think some of the smaller resorts may be okay, and actually quieter during half term. However would still like to have some good options to explore other resorts and some night life.

Is this at all possible?

Decent piste in Austria and France seem to be out the question on cost. In Italy, Sauze d'Oulx looked okay however Livigno & Courmayeur looked too small. I have read positive things about Andorra (Pas de la Cassa & Soldeu) for facilities, conditions and cost (albeit increasing).

Hopefully someone can give us some ideas on where to look.

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
darrinm81, see whether you can get any availability through Action Outdoors at UCPA centres in France. All in - includings (good) tuition, equipment, full board, ski pass, transport.

This for example, all for £670. http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/hol_laplagne_UCPASkiFull-TimeInstruction_11-2-2012_0.aspx

Some UCPA centres, including Flaine, have double rooms available - my daughter and BF stayed in one, and had a super room with a balcony. Unbeatable price. Will be very crowded everywhere in France at half term, but that can't be helped.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Beginners?

Cheap?

Try Eastern Europe.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the responses.

Pam - May be an option however once you add on transport and double room the Action package goes up in price. I am reluctant to coach the entire way. However the tuition and equipment hire options are tempting. Will look into flight options.

Altis - Any particular suggestions in Eastern Europe?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy