Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help a girl in need!

Poster: A snowHead
Hope this is the right place to post this!

I'm a student doing some research for a dissertation project, aiming to identify trends in the characteristics of British winter sports tourists. I would really appreciate your help in answering a short questionnaire. All of the questions are closed asking you to make a selection from suggested answers so it will only take a couple of minutes!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/snowisawesome

Thanks for your help!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jenniferjade, question 13 is a bit vague - what do you intend we include in how much we spend? including lift pass? spending money? basic holiday cost?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Done. Same comments re: q13 though. I just went with the entire cost inc. all spends.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
How much you spent on the whole of your trip per person, so yes including lift pass and spending money. Thanks!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jenniferjade, you don't seem to have considered skiers & boarders day-tripping to British mountains.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jenniferjade, I gave up as you limited the number of options to each choice to one only. Terrain, snow conditions, accommodation, etc can all be very important to most important, whereas many other things can be of medium impotence. Very little is of least importance. Either let your candidates make their own selection or ask them to rate them in order of importance. Currently it does neither.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bobmcstuff wrote:
Done. Same comments re: q13 though. I just went with the entire cost inc. all spends.
+1
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
done! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've done it too. I sometimes wonder if we are not a little harsh on folks trying to get info. via surveys. If we all answer the questions according to what they mean to us then surely all the OP is looking for is some gut reaction feedback.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Done it!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Done
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Done, second survey of the day Confused
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
done
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Done it.....
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
done
snow conditions
Hmm - the groups I've been with for the previous five seasons numbered 2,4,2,13 and 6 so your options didn't really apply to me.
Also I have my own boots but hire skis (and that's far from unusual) so again none of your options were quite correct.
ski holidays
done
ski holidays
Jenniferjade, welcome to snowHeads, I've done it too. Regarding q14, if you want to talk to skiers/boarders, then just ask away on here... Good luck with your project Very Happy
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue wrote:
... Either let your candidates make their own selection or ask them to rate them in order of importance. Currently it does neither.
Actually you are wrong as it does. You rate them in order of importance from most important to least important. And if you try to click the same column/row twice, it removes your first selection.
snow report
Done!
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue wrote:
Jenniferjade, I gave up as you limited the number of options to each choice to one only. Terrain, snow conditions, accommodation, etc can all be very important to most important, whereas many other things can be of medium impotence. Very little is of least importance. Either let your candidates make their own selection or ask them to rate them in order of importance. Currently it does neither.

I read that one as doing exactly the latter.

You were rating things from the most to the least important to you (i.e. ranking them in order of importance).
snow conditions
Done
latest report
Welcome aboard! snowHead

Have completed the questionnaire, I quite like Q5 personally (nothing like focussing the mind to prioritise aspects of the holiday...) I suppose it would change dependent upon the group I was skiing with, but have just put down my own preferences. The only thing I would say is that I had the same problem as agw, I go with lots of different groups (size and type wise).

Good luck with whatever research you're doing. Oh, and don't forget (as you should have been told by some holier-than-though ethics board member) to appraise research subjects of your results. wink
latest report
alex_heney, for that one I rated each one from 1 to 8 (or however many it was) based on how important they were to me on a scale of one to eight, It was possible to have two answers the same IIRC. I certainly didn't organise them in order of importance - I ranked each one in its own right on the scale of one to eight. I certainly didn't go for ordering them for importance using the one to eight scale. I think there could have been 20 options and you would still only have had the eight boxes to rank them with.
snow report
Done it. Wish you every success.
snow conditions
Done
ski holidays
Done. Hope it helps.
snow conditions
Done
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Done
ski holidays
Done
snow conditions
Megamum, you could not tick the same column twice. there's no organising or ordering the questions. you just put a tick in column against the most important criteria, column 2 for the second most important etc etc
latest report
Done
snow report
done
snow report
holidayloverxx, Oh well I must have done it wrong - you can't get back in to see. I thought I hadn't put an entry into every field, but maybe I did.
snow conditions
Done
latest report
Done.

The question about own equipment versus renting didn't allow for folks like me who own boots but rent skis. I don't imagine it will make a huge difference to the results though Very Happy
latest report
Done
snow conditions
Done snowHead
snow conditions
Done
snow report
Done snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy