Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Important new rule for anyone driving in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
As of 1.1.12 anyone driving on the Autobahn in Austria must form a clear path to aid emergency workers at the scene of an accident. Failure to do so can result in fines. I can´t find any clips in English, Sue, DB, you may know some? But this video shows what is expected.

http://youtube.com/v/aEP0U4pseAI&feature=player_detailpage
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah remember one this first happened to me in Switzerland..was wondering what everyone was doing and was also almost tempted to use it...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kooky, That looks like an accident waiting happen when everyone tries to set off again Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
papasmurf, Laughing I actually experienced it today driving on the A10, looks pretty cool, but how do you know if there is an accident, or like today, it was just really heavy traffic Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kooky, my question exactly. I would automatically assume it was for the use of BMW drivers.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
slikedges, Laughing Laughing

http://youtube.com/v/jtSzgTuDByk&feature=player_detailpage
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i think whenever the traffic flow slows down, ie stau.. then you have to do it irrespective of wether there maybe an accident or not.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
makes sense on a duel carriageway if no hard shoulder. Seems crazy, esp as in the video above they want traffic to move into the hard shoulder to let emergency vehicles use lane 2? Why not just use the hard shoulder?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kooky, I am serious. I am a BMW driver.

Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
slikedges, It only applies to petrol engine BMW
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cynic, [cartman]goddammit[/cartman]
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
trevski, The hard shoulder is not as continuous on Austrian and German autobahns as on UK ones. That's why they have made it law to make the passage free down the middle of the 2 lanes. The same rule applies for 3 lane motorways, cars in the left-hand lane move as far to the left as possible and the cars in the middle and right-hand lanes move to the right.

It means that there is free passage for any kind of emergency vehicle from the Fuzz to snow ploughs.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kooky, I am informed - many thanks! I wonder if they don't go for the hard shoulder out of preference as there can be debris on that lane. Mind you I can't see it catching on in the UK! I just hope that Austrian drivers over here don't try to do it!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kooky, You have always had to move over if you see blue flashing lights and hear the siren (Martinshorn). Now they have just formalised it so that all the idiots in BMWs, Audis and Mercs don't take the opportunity to push on through. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Can they also make it compulsary for when I'm high speed filtering on my bike? Laughing
latest report
Am I the only person who expected this thread to be about winter tyres?
snow report
Scarpa wrote:
Can they also make it compulsary for when I'm high speed filtering on my bike? Laughing

+1 if all the cars went the same side I could get home so much quicker.
snow conditions
Has anyone noticed the increasing panic displayed by some UK drivers when an ambulance approaches? Like stopping dead in a narrow road, thereby obstructing the ambulance when it would have been better to keep going? Or (my personal favourite) slowing down and pulling over when an ambulance goes the other way ... on a dual carriageway! Yes, really...
latest report
sanman, yesw it is bizzare. the first reaction seems to be to brake and not consider the quickest option for the emergency vehicle. It is sometimes far better to accelerate to a clear bit of road.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy