Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Belle Plagne, Ski Hire Recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for info on Chalet Montagnettes if anyone has experience. Thanks snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 3-01-12 14:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chasseur, I went there once to have a look at it and pick up some leaflets. It was yonks ago, but I liked the look of it and we would have gone there for family holiday in 2002 if we hadn't bought an apartment! Good size accommodation for families, and I liked the idea of an open fire (though you had to buy firewood, naturally enough). Location seemed v convenient.

I walked up one night after the pistes shut, when I was staying in Plagne 1800. It was so slippery walking back that i toboganned part of the way, sitting on the leaflets I'd been given. They were sturdy, light cardboard style,but still got a bit worn. wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, Laughing and many thanks. BTW, location-wise, ski-in/out?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chasseur, yes, as near as dammit. IIRC the chalets are on a kind of "ski-through" thoroughfare - gentle and easy. Not one of those places that are SISO as long as you're a 19 year old freestyle god.

That was one of the attractions for the family. But someone who knows Belle Plagne a lot better than I do will probably be along in a moment - it would be worth getting a more up to date assessment!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, have stayed a couple of times, in the 4 bed unit with 2 families. Nice quality accomodation and we like the sociable aspect of the lounge/kitchen and open log fire (as mentioned firewood in resort is more expensive than gold).

There are 2 different units in BP, the 1 on the very upper level is SISO, as long as you can do blues. Sorry, never stayed in the unit in the middle level.

There are 2 disadvantages for us, the upper level is a long trek from the centre, but the deal breaker was access which is only through the garage, this has limited height and I cant get a Range Rover with a roof box into it. You have to leave the car out side and walk all your gear to the chalet, a serious pain with young children and lots of gear. The 2nd year, in heavy snow, it took me 2 hours to empty the car Sad

Without these 2 problems we would still be using it.

We now use Le Quartz, with adjoining apartments and parking right outside the door.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks again pam w and to you also landlockedpirate snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well that was pretty easy. All booked for the 28th snowHead woooohoooooo
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are there at the same time, see you on the slopes Very Happy

Or La Tete for Happy Hour Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
landlockedpirate, most definitely....I'm not averse to a bit of apres! snowHead See you then/there.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chasseur wrote:
..I'm not averse to a bit of apres! snowHead

Really, wouldn't have noticed. wink

Le Matafan can be good for a beer or three. Little Angel

When I wanted to take my family skiing after a few years off, I chose Belle Plagne as an ideal location as I'd been there a some years before. It really worked well for us as it's got very easy access to the slopes. Enjoy. snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
geepee wrote:
Chasseur wrote:
..I'm not averse to a bit of apres! snowHead

Really, wouldn't have noticed.

Laughing

Have stayed in Plagne Belecote about 6 years ago on 4 day stag do. You can imagine what that was like Laughing Looking forward to getting reacquainted with the area....if i remember it of course..... wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chasseur, The first time I stayed in Belle Plagne it was a last minute booking, to share an apartment, so no idea who with. A couple of bloke turned up with all their supplies for the week and made it clear that they didn't do apres, not a problem as they were nice people anyway. Then a young ice hockey player turned up who didn't drink either, but again a perfectly acceptable roomy.

I was resigned to having no drinking companions for apres when the last one turned up. He immediately pulled a bottle of whiskey out of his bag and asked where the nearest bars were. We had some great evenings in Le Matafan, which last time I went had migrated into a bigger venue. Funnily enough you remind me of him, in a good way of course. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
geepee, Toofy Grin

Well I'm sure there'll be no shortage of apres buddies in Austria when you're out there (end of this week?).....in fact, I can't help wondering whether we got enough training in at Tignes..... Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone have any personal connections/recommendations re ski hire in Belle Plagne - prefer to book in advance and always good to take the business to the deserving.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy