Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just got a free copy of 'Where to Ski 2006' today.

Poster: A snowHead
A nice surprise. I was not expecting a copy. It's a lot easier to email a report now.

I only sent them one report and I could not see my own words for the resort in question.

I used to recognise my sentences in the 'Good Ski Guide' from the early 90's.

They have a new scheme whereby you can let them know in advance where you are off to and they give you things to look out for.

You get a free book and possibly a free lift pass in return. Sounds pretty good to me.

Any other Snowheads get a free copy ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
free,hows that ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They send free copies to a number of people who send in a report on a ski resort/s
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Double post !!! Sorry.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 4-09-05 18:06; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was pleased to get a copy in yesterdays post....got one last year as well !!
While on my trips and travels i always carry a small pocket notebook and
pencil and at lunchtime i jot down a few facts and thoughts as well as prices
of food and drinks etc..
Im enjoying reading the new edition sitting outside on a lovely late Summers
afternoon here in South West Scotland... Very Happy
wtss.co.uk
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MUSKY, For which resort did you report on? They usually like reports of the lesser known resorts. I have the 2005 copy, is the 2006 much different to last years?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The new edition has lots of new information and is certainly different from the last edition.
I sent reports in for this edition from Big White,Red Mountain,Whitewater,Phoenix Mountain (Can)and from Megeve,Argentiere (Fra).
Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I got one too! My first ever report for them and I can recognise my bit in the text...I was quite chuffed. The new edition seems to be more crammed than ever with adverts though which I though detracted from it a bit....mind you I only buy every other year so that might not be something new this year....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I haven;t got one yet Sad Sent in both the reports I published on here (Fernie and Val d'Isere), so maybe they don;t like the fact that mine are published reports?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nbt, I expect they couldn't read it for all the typos wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I sent a report in a few years ago, never heard anything, but was fairly sure that they used some of my report the following year as I recognised some of my prose!
Needless to say I haven't bothered since.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nbt wrote:
I haven;t got one yet Sad Sent in both the reports I published on here (Fernie and Val d'Isere), so maybe they don;t like the fact that mine are published reports?

Can't be that...I sent them stuff I'd posted here too and they used it...is it because I'm a newbie and they want to encourage me to send them more??
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
First stuff I sent them.

Can I be cheeky and ask you to compare the Fernie report in the book to mine?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=21273

and if you;re bored, the Val dIsere report too?
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=86872

Although it's less likely they'll use my stuff for val disere as they'l have more people reporting from there as it's a more popular resort
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I wonder how many contributors they've secured with this idea? It's a clever idea.

One weird aspect of this is that there's still a live website - http://www.ski-europe.com/wts/ - which seems to be based on the book, but the site hasn't been updated since 2001. Seemingly.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There's also a site at http://www.wtss.co.uk/jsp/index.jsp based on last years guide.
snow conditions
Yes, apologies for forgetting that one. I had a feeling there was something much more useful - Google doesn't rank it high enough - they need to sort that out.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy