Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone had experience with new Fischer Vacuum ski boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, my boots are on their last legs so to speak. They are two seasons of teaching (40wks approx) and completely kippered! I have been looking round and reading a little on the Fischer Vacuum boots. I like quite a lot of forward lean and normally Nordica 110 Doberman stiffness. I am female and about 5.4. Need to sort out my boots quickly as having to use my NTN tele boots for teaching at the moment! Fine for snow ploughs etc but if I do some more tech lessons I maybe in the poo! Any advice or experience of this new vacuum fit would be great
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Search function rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh yes thanks...was a bit early in the morning when i posted! Should have searched first. So who has the nearest fitting place in the PdS? Guessing Cluses or Chamonix??? Anything Swiss side???
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
summer, I know of Ski Clinic, Cluses and Mariethoz Sports, Nendaz. There are a couple of recent threads on this, hope you have found them.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No doubt fifespud will be along to give you the benefit of his experience, when i watched them fitting his I was a bit concerned in case they sucked all his brains out of his feet! but apparantly it's all pressure, not a vacuum at all!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
And here I am......

I have short feet - 26.5 - but relatively wide.

Experience so far after 3 days.

Day 1 - almost gave up on them - really tight over the middle of my feet - particularly the left - my bigger foot.

Day 2 - followed the instruction - they are designed to be clipped at the widest setting - result - some discomfort in the left - none in the right.

Day 3 - very minor discomfort in the left but, by my standards, skiing in them very well. I'm a sucker for new gear, but also cynical - verdict so far - seems to work from my perspective but I'm going to take them back to Blues for a re-moulding. I'm reasoning that as they are already widened, my left foot will push the side out further the second time, to give me the comfort I want.

Finally - Sarah - been down to Marirthoz and they don't actually seem to be doing them?
On the ski shop theme the 'On the Mountain' crew have a new shop in Nendaz which is totally awesome.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fifespud wrote:

Finally - Sarah - been down to Marirthoz and they don't actually seem to be doing them?
On the ski shop theme the 'On the Mountain' crew have a new shop in Nendaz which is totally awesome.

That's weird Puzzled Greg told me he was going to be doing them and they are listed on the Fischer site as a vacuum dealer.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fifespud, did you go for the pros? Which flex? I have a feeling that if I find myself near Covent Garden I may impulse buy a set of 110s.

Do any of you guys know if Snow and Rock is any good? Heading to Cham on Saturday, would I be better off buying there - I'd rather not waste ski/drink time unless there's a good reason.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ooh also, Fifespud, did you find the warmth of the boots?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Let me know if you go into Snow and Rock London. I have a morning in London next week and thought I might also venture in. May not be the best idea as if I need any alterations it's a long hope from Champery! Also who is doing them in Chamonix? I used Sole Boot Lab for footbeds, but did not see any Fischer equipment at the start of the season. Thanks
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I went for the 110s pressured to 270.
Re warmth - slightly less cosy than my last boots.

As far as I know nobody in Chamonix us doing them - nearest Clueses?
Fischer dont see them as a resort boot because of the 24 hour curing period.

Sarah maybe they are in the technical shop - ill have a wee look today.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
summer, There is a Dealer Locator page on the Fischer Website, it lists Sanglard Sports as a Vacuum fitter but I gather the same people work there and Cluses. It also lists a shop in Villars if that is any help.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
FlyingStantoni was sporting a new (10 days old) pair of these between Christmas and New Year. He seemed pretty happy with them. Not sure where they were fitted.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DJL, think Flying Santoni got fitted in Ski Bartlett and is well happy by all accounts
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well have done a bit of research now and thanks for all the advice, seems too difficult mid season to try and get the Fischer option sorted when working daily. So have just ordered some Atomics from the boot fitter here in Champery. He has looked at my hobbit feet and seems this is a good route after my Dobermans. Will pursue the Fischer option next season.
ski holidays
Fifespud,
Not sure which Blues branch you sed, but SWMBO purchased a pair from the Edinburgh store. Took them back to Perth for some adjustment after: much better service from Phil who is the Manager at Perth.
latest report
summer, in that area, go see the guys at Sanglard sports chamonix, they will put you in it IF it is the best thing for your feet
snow conditions
Hi, SkiSet Le Caribou in Morzine, Portes du Soleil sells and can fit Fischer Vacuum boots, (ask for Michel).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy