Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Reusing bindings when buying new skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My old skis have finally worn out after 10 years of average 2 weeks hard skiing a year. Is there any point reusing the bindings which seem to still be OK. Do bindings wear out ? (apologies if this is a stupid question)
snow report
 cran
cran
You could use them if they still work, but I'd probably go for new bindings if they are 10 years old...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have re-used bindings in the past but they weren't as old as that. You can get bindings tested to see if they release at the right pressure (but if they are releasing for you now they are probably OK.). Binding design does improve, but only a bit.
Still, I am guessing a bit, so wait for someone more authoritative.)

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 1-01-12 17:10; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can anyone point me in eth direction of an online resource / website etc which talks about bindings - i can find tons of stuff on skis, but find very little if any on bindings.
I..e how they work, what the difference between quality bindings and cheap bindings are etc.
i'm reasonably hot on skis, but wouldnt have a clue if i had to choose/buy a pair of bindings
Thanks in advance
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dsoutar, Bindings do wear out, some models faster than others, all metal ones last longest. There is usually a thread on TGR where people post links to the lists of bindings that the manufacturers will still indemnify shops for.

What have you got ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sev112, possibly the most knowledgeable snowhead on bindings is spyderjon, hopefully he'll pitch up here, soon. He does sell them - but he is one of those commercial sHs who gives honest advice.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or you could send him a PM (see send/read messages, top right).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy