Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

advice please on Alpe d'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My daughter and I are driving up to Alpe d'Huez tomorrow from Nimes (monday 3 jan); we are both intermediate skiers, never been to Alpe d'Huez before. We are staying for 2 nights at Hotel Le Castillan.

Can anyone give advice on ski passes, ski hire, lifts (I see that the gde Sure is very close)... but I don't know what pistes that gives you, or if that connects up with other lifts....?

Also, how far are we from the centre (restaurants, bars), and from other lifts?

thanks for any advice;
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sorry, I meant to say: we arrive Monday 2 jan; we will ski on tue 3/wed 4 jan.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
barbel, Welcome to Snowheads. I haven't been to Alpe D'Huez since 2008 but have just looked at my piste map from then. La Grande Sure lift takes you up Signal. From there you can ski back down Signal to the 1er Troncon gondola to access the main parts of the domain. You can also ski directly from Signal to Villard Reculas and Oz (I think). Looks to be a good location. A full 2 day pass would be best if you intend to ski everywhere. I don't know about ski rentals in that area I've stayed at Les Bergers both times I've visited. It doesn't look as if it's far from bars restaurants etc.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ADH base station is a Centre d' Commerical so you can get everything there.

With 250km piste fully linked together you should get a full ski pass (instead of a localised area) as there are nice and long blue runs and easy red runs interconnected with various areas.

ADH is known for its mega size and some challenging black runs mainly in the Pic Blanc. It is also a paradise for cruising. The long blue from L'Apette to the bottom chairlift of Vaujany gondola is one not to be missed.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy