Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oz Station - everything apart from the actual skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've skied in Alpe d'Huez a fair bit so know the skiing in and out of Oz Station (in fact I was last there on Thursday) but we're home now and looking at the next hol and we've seen a nice looking chalet to rent there. It's close to the Clos Du Pre drag but I don't really know that one.

Can you get to the Alpette and/or Poultran from the top of the Clos Du Pre drag?

What is Oz Station like in the evening? We won't be partying all night but wouldn't mind a couple of nice bars/restaurants.
We'd be cooking for ourselves most nights so is there a supermarket?
How about ski hire and lessons (for kids)?

Anything else I need to know?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've stayed in Oz three times, but never where you are looking at staying.

You can take either the Alpette out one end of the village which will take you to the Vaujany sector, or the Poutran will take you to the mid station of the DMC in ADH. Either way you'll be out of Oz and skiing in no time. The problem with the Clos du Pre drag is that it will only get you to the Poutran lift. If you want to get to the Alpette you'll either have to take the drag, then the beginners magic carpet, and another drag to get high enough to skirt along the top of Oz, or you can take your skis off and walk through the village (not a long walk).

Oz is a quiet place. There are only a handful of restaurants (somewhere around 4). There used to be a bar/nightclub near the bottom of the Poutran, but that was a few years back and I don't know if it's still there. Also, I don't know how you would get from that area to the centre of Oz, but I'd imagine it'll involve a lot of steps.

I would thoroughly recommend the creche in Oz, if you have young children (under 7, I think). They handled all the pickups and drop offs for ski school and were nice. The ESF ski school was pretty good. No complaints. They have a small nursery area next to the creche for real beginners, and then when they get good enough they take them up the Alpette to the greens above Vaujany.

All in all it depends what you are looking for. If you want a cheap, well connected, quiet, resort then Oz fits the bill.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheap = good
well-connected = good
quiet = good (as long as it's not so quiet that it's isolated)

Not sure about lots of steps though.

Ta for the info.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stayed in the Clos du Pre chalets a few years ago. There is a walking track that takes you across the CdeP drag to the centre so you only have to negotiate the steps when you arrive and depart. It IS a fairly major 'negotiation' though! When we were there, the dutch owned hotel at the bottom of the chalets had a very lively bar but the rest of the station was pretty quiet. I don't remember having any particular difficulties getting to the lifts - certainly Poultran was a doodle.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy