Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen 7-14th January

Poster: A snowHead
Hi i've just booked with OH and 2 friends 7-14th Jan to Mayrhofen. Anyone else about and fancy meeting up?
I'll have some new fat boy skis and would like to give them a good try. OH likes cruising the pistes.
Where is good to go?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not wanting to be negative but I have taught in Myn and getting up in the central lift in the morning is a pain so avoid if Poss. Ahorn has a lovely black which will test your smearers.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes we will be there 7th Jan. Keep hearing this central lift up to Penken can get busy. Is that even out of school holiday's etc?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
forecast looks good, lots of snow. Which are best runs, top tips, bars, snack bars etc.
Anyone fancy meeting up for some off piste?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As long as the Russians have all gone (following Russian NY trippers), the lift will probably be OK. You can avoid it by going to the station and taking the bus up to Finkenberg (IIRC) - it's only 5-10 minutes. If the Russians are still around - get there (to Penken) for opening. Most of the drunken gits don't seem to have the first lift constitution Laughing

k1orange, if you do a Forum Search for Mayrhofen, there are a few trip reports with info on some of the runs, bars and eating places. For starters - The Sport Bar just down from the Penken lift usually has a resi singer/guitar player most nights - def worth a look. For snacks - just opposite the Penken in resort there are a couple of quite reasonable snack bars. Almost worth coming down at lunch time for.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
we'll be arriving on the 7th too. Wheres everyone staying?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Black 17 is lovely. Avoid the Penkenbahn lift between 9 and 9.30 - either get there before or afterwards.

For apres, the Ice Bar next to the lift is the best!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are in hotel kristall near the station
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
going the following week 14-21. been 4 times . the singer in the sports bar (strass hotel) is good his name is brian christopher and is playing again this year . really gets the place rocking.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
are there any strip clubs in the hoff? im there on the same dates!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cynic, No black run on Ahorn? There is a very long red.

Black 17 is crackin as is hte off piste between 7 and 27

Quote:

are there any strip clubs in the hoff

In the ICE BAR between the hours of 4:30 and 19:00 most days ha ah . The ELk bar at the top of Penken has Go Go dancers from time to time as does the Movie bar at the nehaus. Found out by accident on both occasions.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mad_mike, Don't think so, certainly never seen one. I have a mate called Mike who likes skiing and strip clubs - you're not from Manchester are you.

k1orange, The Ice Bar next to the Penken Gondola is the most popular apres ski bar. Later on Mo's bar is always good for live music. Brian Cristopher in the sports of the Strass hotel is excellent, doesn't normally play all season though. Scotland Yard is also very popular with young Brits. For cake and coffee cafe Kostner is lovely.

As Cynic, says the run from the top of the Ahorn to the village is great, one of my favourite runs anywhere. The skiing on the Ahorn is very easy apart from the run down but worth spending half a day up there just to that run. I f you go up there pop into the Ahornhutte restaurant. Its run by former World Cup and Olympic downhill skier Uli Speiss as is the ski shop at the base of the Penken, the bar opposite and the ski depot at the top of it. There is a lot of his skiing memorabilia on display plus a couple of bronze medals his mother won at the 1948 San Moritz Olympics. There is also the Ice hotel to have a look around. They have a party up there once a week.

A few good mountain restaurants around but eating is a necessity for me rather than an essential part of my holiday so can't remember too many names but the Penkenalm was OK IIRC.

The Elche bar by the top of the lift station is good for a beer before you get the lift down.

It also has the Harikiri, Austria's steepest piste if you fancy it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
k1orange, I've been there the last four years and despite being told about the problems with the Penken lift I'm yet to have problems. Even when there's been quite a queue it moves very quickly. I'll be there on the 13th and can't wait.

The butchers shop opposite the Penken lift is great for snacks / sandwiches / ribs with a beer. On the mountain I like the restaurant with the outside cooking/BBQ (weather permitting) near the top of the Penken chair.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I will be there also January 13-22 wink
Alone this time, a friend stood me up last minute Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

Who's goin to be there?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
me and 2 other family members will be there from 14-21/1
snow report
anyone know the link of the webcam(s) of mayrhofen?

just wondering what the condition is like there at the moment, thanks!
latest report
Circusthing wrote:
k1orange, I've been there the last four years and despite being told about the problems with the Penken lift I'm yet to have problems. Even when there's been quite a queue it moves very quickly. I'll be there on the 13th and can't wait.

The butchers shop opposite the Penken lift is great for snacks / sandwiches / ribs with a beer. On the mountain I like the restaurant with the outside cooking/BBQ (weather permitting) near the top of the Penken chair.

Aww man those ribs and roast chickens! honestly some of the best post ski protein ever available!

Also I never had many problems at the penken either, I did get there just at opening most days but even when I never I never had to que longer than 10 minutes and once you're up there the kombi-bahn chap is superfast too.
snow conditions
50 hours until I get to Mayrhofen. Can't wait.

Anybody else arriving Innsbruck on Friday morning and want to share a transfer with two of us?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy