Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thin socks

Poster: A snowHead
I have always used the plain black, thin Smartwool socks.

Not made any more.

What do the cognoscenti recommend nowadays?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Teko Ski Pro, got mine from CEM at solutions4feet
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
decathlon
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Neville, these?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
no, these
http://www.solutions4feet.com/catalogue_item.php?catID=1059&prodID=3893
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I got some Falke socks in a sale just before Xmas, lovely and comfy.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
doctor_eeyore, you can get the smartwool socks in snow and rock, unless the black with a little grey and red that I got there this week are completely different to your old plain black ones.........
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
doctor_eeyore, the ones on our website are the same as the teko site, the picture is just an old one (the new ones have a little more colour definition between the panels still in the charcoal or in the storm blue, the price also needs correcting they are £18.00 not £18.38 Blush

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 31-12-11 15:42; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
temitchell, They are. Mine have no padding. At all.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I just wear a pair of thin silk socks. No room for anything else!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Falke 4 race socks, Got mine from PROFEET, marvellous company in Fulham Road whom also do my most recommended boot fitting
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
teko do make an utralight but no one stocks it in the uk (may be able to get some) if not the ski pro ultralight mentioned above is an ultralight weight sock with a little padding only on the shin and the heel (no where else)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I just ordered a pair of these after spending a long time looking for a very thin pair of socks:

http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/29685/products/SK5_Austrian_Mens_Race_Socks_Red.aspx?utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=PriceComp&utm_term=Froogle&utm_content=None&utm_campaign=PriceComp1

If they are good enough for the Austrian race team they are good enough for me!
snow conditions
 cran
cran
socks?

real skiers don't wear socks... if you can wear socks your boots are too big...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
doctor_eeyore, well I stand corrected and apologise unreservedly
snow report
Just received a new pair of Teko's this morning (Thanks CEM, )
Plenty thin enough and once stretched out barely any padding
ski holidays
Got cepcompression socks this year. Very thin, and this compression business does work well. Pricey but highly recommended.
snow conditions
Teko socks are the business, I have the thicker chaps for working in winter and they're absolutely brilliant.
snow conditions
CEM,
Quote:

teko do make an utralight but no one stocks it in the uk

Colin mate are you sure about that?? I look to have a couple of box's here that say wintersport ultralight Puzzled
http://shop.snowshepherd.co.uk/epages/es122028.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es122028/Products/ss3700tekoultralight/SubProducts/ss3700tekoultralight-0001
snow report
livetoski, me thinks someone is feeding BS from an office in the north, i asked about them a month back and was told no one stocks it, just the pro

but there you go
snow conditions
CEM, cheers, funny I had them last season as well, must be my charm and smile wink wink
ski holidays
barry, are these the same as Boots flight socks at £6.99 per pair? That's what I wear for skiing.
snow report
queen bodecia, lol probably not far off, the do have a little padding here and there, you get L and R and quite specific sizing so in theory well fitted, but ya i probably paid several times over the odds for essentially the same thing Laughing
snow conditions
barry, I wondered that. I have looked extensively for 'compression ski socks' as normal ski socks do not compress enough for me and my compression socks are not terribly warm but I haven't found anything that fulfils both purposes.
snow report
queen bodecia, i can deffo recommend these for compression and warmth (one helps the other anyway i guess). worth checking out given your requirements i reckon. think i may have bought them from amazon but the bumf will be on their own website (sizing is important so be sure to check)
latest report
Women's knee high tights from Tesco. Embarassed
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy