Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Service/ Repairs in North West

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend me a decent Ski Tech who isnt too far from the Warrington Area who can be trusted with a PTX repair and some servicing. I dont trust Slush and Rubble with PTX.
Id send them to Jons but carriage and collection might make it uneconomic
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
marksovereign, have you considered going down to Jonsskituning and doing his course? i did it last year after biting the bullet and getting my own skis. he takes you through pretty much everything and if your skis dont need it you get to do it on a practise pair that he has. Honestly if the damage hasnt gone through to the core Ptexing is pretty straight forward.

there is a place called Rivington Alpine near Chorley (I think he moved to some new premises since I went to his old shop, but still in that area) Google it will come up. I got boots there about 18 months ago the chap who owns it called Graham I think seemed very knowledgeable certainly fantastic boot fitter and I pretty sure he does ski servicing also.

Good luck but really think about getting yourself to Skijon, I have more than got my money back in saved ski servicing.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marksovereign, You could try Ventura.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also sail and ski in Chester do servicing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I really am going to have to book a Jonsskituning course! Thanks for the other suggestions I may give Ventura a try
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You could always try the altis ski repair service in Warrington Wink

I repair / tune 7 or 8 pairs of skis probably twice a year. That's not a great number, I know, but I don't do them in a hurry and all my mates keep giving them back to me.

PM me if you want to pursue.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Another vote.for Ventura. Chris really knows his stuff, but this time of year he is very busy.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try Rivington Alpine: http://www.rivingtonalpine.co.uk/
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try Gaz's in Burnley they've serviced skis years and dont charge a arm and a leg http://www.winterserv.co.uk
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've tried Ventura and first impressions are good!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ventura for me too, handy that's it's only walking distance for me Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just picked up the Skis from Ventura - Top job done - very pleased! Thanks for the recommendation
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy