Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski passes in Tignes - some questions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
All

Im off to Tignes tomorrow and Im wondering what pass to buy. If we were due bluesky days all week, it would be a no brainer as I'd go for the full Espace Killy, however, I've noticed that when it snows (and its snowing a lot a the moment - Smile ) they tend to close a lot of the lifts and therefore I might be better off going for the Tignes pass.

Do you get a discount if they close a % of the lifts or is that something that you need to talk to your insurer about?

Sorry if it sounds like a moan, its not, I cant wait to get out there, but I'd like to get the best value I can.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My thoughts on this are that if lifts are closing due to weather isnt it better to have a pass covering a bigger area anyway. I have been a few times and cant ever remember the lifts that serve Val closing due to weather, so you should be able to get to and from the two areas without problems anyway. if my memory serves me right I think there are 2 or 3 lifts that serve Tignes to Val and a Funnicular for return to Tignes.

Also Is it that more expensive for the area pass?

PS Markoncarp, enjoy it, its a smashing area to ski and the area pass is a must, even if its just to have a blast on the OK and the Face. (just my opinion tho')
Im sure some more local or more regular visitors to the area will shed a bit more light on your question, it is a popular destination.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
they wont shut the lifts unless its v windy... if it's snowing there is 1 place you defo want to be... in the La Daille trees, and if u have a Tignes only pass... u cant go there without paying a daily supp.

another reason is that the trip over to the fornet glacier is a must.... and you'l need EK pass for that.

unless you're a beginner.. you'll want the full area.

enjoy...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys. We did the OK a couple of years ago, but didnt really get to see the whole area. Quite looking forward to having a go at the face... hope its all open. Looks like conditions are going to be excellent..
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The difference in price is so negligible during the normal season for the local vs full Espace Killy pass that it hardly makes sense not to get the full area pass.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How much is the full area pass this season for 6/7 days?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
1969jma, http://www.tignes.net/data/template_entetecontenu/13992-forfaits-hiver-11-12.pdf
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I have been a few times and cant ever remember the lifts that serve Val closing due to weather

IIRC the recent reports on SHs, from people on the spot, made it clear that the lift linking from Tignes to Val D (tommeuses?) was closed for some days after the heavy snow - indeed large parts of the EK were closed because of the extreme avalanche risk. One day, I think the whole of Val D'Isere was closed?

The savings for buying multi-day passes are not usually great, and often wiped out if you miss half a day. However, it's less hassle.

You'd be unlikely to get any compensation from your UK insurer unless all the lifts were closed - the piste closure conditions are pretty stringent..

But if there's loads of snow, even having a few lifts open can be fantastic fun. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have been to Tignes a few times and when it storms the link has closed (probably on each trip - though the first was in about '76 so I can't fully remember). I always buy the full area pass, and couldn't agreee more - La Daile trees are the best bet in a white out.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Renry, the links have been closed two days this week. Crying or Very sad

In normal times the links are the Aeroski bubble out of Le Lac or the Tufs and Fresse chairs from Val Claret. Coming back it's the Tommeuses chair that gives access to Lac or Val Claret or the Borsat Express chair that leads to Val Claret only.

And in answer to the OP, the price difference is so small that the area pass will be best for all but near complete beginners. And even for them, the greens and blues of the Tranquil Valley may well justify the extra.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Renry, the links have been closed two days this week. Crying or Very sad

In normal times the links are the Aeroski bubble out of Le Lac or the Tufs and Fresse chairs from Val Claret. Coming back it's the Tommeuses chair that gives access to Lac or Val Claret or the Borsat Express chair that leads to Val Claret only.

And in answer to the OP, the price difference is so small that the area pass will be best for all but near complete beginners. And even for them, the greens and blues of the Tranquil Valley may well justify the extra.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks guys. Went for full pass and used it to its fullest extent today. Awesome conditions
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy