Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last minute Arabba all booked....

Poster: A snowHead
.....got a cancelation from Inghams, so all in the bag for 350pp.

heading out on the 7th, bring it on...

one question for you all, best pizza place for lunch on the hills..any suggestions?

thx all,

a
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anywhere and I mean anywhere in the sun with a view. Best scenery going. Enjoy.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alex76, Welcome to snowHeads. You are going to love Arabba. It has something for everyone and is a pleasant little place. There are many many good places to eat. In fact, I cannot think of anywhere I would not recommend. Have a look at the Calling Sella Ronda Fans threads over the past 3or 3 years for plenty of info.

snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks - actually been several times before and stayed in the hotel Mesdi (summer for climbing & winter for boarding) so know it reaosnably well. Finally managed to persuade the gf to come along so want to make sure i know some decent places for mountan refueling....

will check the threads from previous seasons.

thx all
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think a few of us might be going on a last minute trip to Arabba this year... Toofy Grin

Enjoy - you'll love it!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Alex76, get the snow dance going... Inghams punters may have been cancelling their Dolomite hols and re-booking for France this year
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
red 27, Yeah... definately no snow there.... http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/arabba/en-US/webcam-arabba-1862EN.html rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kewl - more snow for us Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Schuss in Boots wrote:
I think a few of us might be going on a last minute trip to Arabba this year...
Beat me to it! Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
well it's snowing today, and the forecast is snow for the next few days....then some more next week.... and looking at the webcams for the resorts.. there's a ton of snow, and there's snow on the roofs.... so all in all.... i reckon the snow wont be an issue wink

cpl of friends did the chutes off the top of the pordoi cable car and there's no issues with the snow there as well.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Todays Ski Cub of GB report says 35cm upper slopes, 16cm lower slopes, which sounds dire. However they are predicting lots of snow falling during the next week or so (especially today).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Schuss in Boots, comments on the above, gobby?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Last time I was in France we'd have killed for 16cm on the lower slopes - and it was France Laughing
I'll take Arraba.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
red 27, Thank you, very sweet of you but I think I'll decline your kind invitation.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It was snowing yesterday and there's some more coming down today. Pistes are in great condition as they really look after them here but there's no off-piste at the mo.
Did glacier yesterday and Sella Ronda the previous day, some of the busier pistes have a bit of hard pack on them but they are generally in very good shape.
Our guests who are all Dolomites newbies are converts now! Very Happy
ski holidays
victoriac wrote:
but there's no off-piste at the mo.

Well no, that's our problem. Most pistes may be OK with the new snow but we're supposed to be skiing there for an off-piste week with a guide in 13 days. Those couloirs are rocky. An extra 30cm may not be enough, assuming the snow keeps coming as local forecasts predict, so we've bought some other cheap flights as insurance. (Venice is a bit specific for the Dolomites unfortunately).
snow report
Alex76 wrote:
.....got a cancelation from Inghams, so all in the bag for 350pp.

heading out on the 7th, bring it on...

one question for you all, best pizza place for lunch on the hills..any suggestions?

thx all,

a

I'm in Arabba on the 8th, just bagged a late deal with Ski Total!

Best pizza is at Baita Fredarola on the way back from Canazei.

Snow depths look a bit pitiful, but you don't need much snow to cover the meadows where most of the pistes are and they'll be making it and grooming it to perfection every night. Looks like there could be more fresh on Mon/Tues.

Off-piste is another matter though! Sad
ski holidays
Have a good time luigi, I'm back out in Arabba but not until Feb 25th. Flying into Innsbruck this year as Neilsons have changed from Verona. Never used Innsbruck but looking forward to the change. Meant to be a shorter transfer.

If it cheers you up the Arabba Tourist Office has posted this on FB and Twitter today

Domani intense nevicate in arrivo, l'anno inizia bene! Smile

Which google translates gives the following translation:

Tomorrow heavy snowfalls on the way, the year started well
snow report
pokemon, I'm hoping for a nice dump

ARPAV are forecasting 10-25cm tomorrow for Arabba and more continuing into Tuesday morning, that should freshen everything up just nicely...deep and crisp and even...just how King Wenceslas likes it!!

http://www.arpa.veneto.it/bollettini/htm/dolomiti_meteo.asp
snow report
luigi wrote:

I'm in Arabba on the 8th, just bagged a late deal with Ski Total!Sad

Do they run the chalets that Ski Beach Villas used to run back in the early 90's ( when I first went there )? The ones in the block by the red telephone box and bank?
snow report
CP wrote:
luigi wrote:

I'm in Arabba on the 8th, just bagged a late deal with Ski Total!Sad

Do they run the chalets that Ski Beach Villas used to run back in the early 90's ( when I first went there )? The ones in the block by the red telephone box and bank?

Yes, I think they've been in the hands of various UK tour ops over the years, Ski Total took them on last season to expand on their Selva offerings, thankfully they have been refurbed since you visited!
ski holidays
luigi, Looks like it did snow last night. More forecast for Thursday.
latest report
luigi, Up to last year Colletts had run the Chalets you refer to.
snow report
pokemon, yep, looks like 20-25cm across the Sella Ronda areas, Arabba hit 30cm!

http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en-US/situazione_neveen.html

Great news for anyone out this weekend!!
snow conditions
Or next Very Happy
snow report
Arabba cams look nice and snowy:

http://www.snoweye.com/?resort=it_arraba

Cars look well loaded at the Hotel Capella in Colfosco:

http://www.snoweye.com/?resort=it_kolfuschg

Cortina looks spectacular in the morning sunshine:

http://www.snoweye.com/?resort=it_cortina
snow report
Perfecto - the last minute deal is looking even better Happy
ski holidays
Alex76 I recall we had some excellent pizza outdoors at a place at Piz La Ila (top of the gondola coming up from La Villa).
Was a modern looking small place, order by queuing up at the hatch, then settle down and wait for your pizza in the sunshine.

Sorry I cannot remember the name, but probably someone here will be along who could do so, and you might find it by the description.

Also I recall a good one in a small hut just down from the top of Piz Sella - IIRC it was not the place actually built into the top lift station but a bit down from there. Sorry, it was a couple of years ago and memory may have misled me.

Have fun! Will be out there on the S8BB in early Feb myself, so don't use up all the snow snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Aagh, Innsbruck airport looks snowbound today, arrivals are being diverted, presumably to Munich. Hope they can clear it for the weekend rush, it looks like snow is forecast for the next 2 days and sleet for sunday!

http://www.snoweye.com/?resort=at_innsbruck
snow conditions
Grrrr.... we're on the 6am flight expressly so we can get on the slopes by lunchtime tomorrow... will be most upset if we end up in Munich.

Fingers crossed Austrian efficiency will ensure the runway is clear and the snow stops briefly..!!??
ski holidays
Alex76 wrote:
Grrrr.... we're on the 6am flight expressly so we can get on the slopes by lunchtime tomorrow... will be most upset if we end up in Munich.

Fingers crossed Austrian efficiency will ensure the runway is clear and the snow stops briefly..!!??

Looks like planes on the apron this morning, hope you got in!
latest report
All good, got back this morning ....conditions not too bad..but they will defo need some more snow very soon...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy