Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sking from Les Arcs 2000 over to La Plange

Poster: A snowHead
Going to Les Arcs 2000 in 3 weeks time, can anyone tell me the easiest way to take to get to the Vanoise Express and return using mostly blues. Was there last year at same time and never got over, would just like to go over to see what its like.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
willie5094, From 2000 head down to the bottom of Bois De L'Ours chair and take that up. From the top of the Bois chair take a left and I am sure the Vanoise is sign posted. From 2000 you can head down into the bowl and take Arcubulle, but there is a nasty bit in that you may want to avoid, go the Bois de L'ours route.

On the way back take the chair out of Peisey from there you follow La Foret to the Derby lift. Important when you get of Derby to go right, feels a bit weird as you seem to be heading away from Transarc, but you then go left again after about 400 yards and then left again and follow a nice blue to transarc. The red off Derby ain't the easiest way to Transarc.

There are lots of options, ask when you get there as well.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thefatcontroller wrote:
willie5094, From 2000 you can head down into the bowl and take Arcubulle, but there is a nasty bit in that you may want to avoid.

Thank you, what do you mean by the nasty bit I don't remember it being nasty last year.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
willie5094, From the top of Arcabulle you go right and there is a very flat section , you then take a sharp left down a steep, narrow(ish), very busy, quite often mogully carved up red, thats the nasty bit because after than they run is glorious run all the way to the Vanoise.

If you did that last year then not sure why you are looking for blues as that red 'Reches' I hate and if you can do that then you can do more that blues.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks fatcontroller, I remember the nasty bit now, never went that way over towards 1800 I took the chair up from below 1950. Will have a look in 3 weeks so excited.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
willie5094, You should be excited, conditions look great. If you don't mind that bit then take the Arcabulle route to Vanoise as once you get past that nasty bit on Reche it is the most glorious wide open run down. Its one of our favourite runs. Enjoy.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thefatcontroller wrote:
On the way back take the chair out of Peisey from there you follow La Foret to the Derby lift. Important when you get of Derby to go right, feels a bit weird as you seem to be heading away from Transarc, but you then go left again after about 400 yards and then left again and follow a nice blue to transarc.

You mean right again and right again
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bertie bassett, Whoops. Never could tell my left from right. However that inability does lead to some skiing adventures
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Its a long trip from Les Arcs 2000 over to La Plagne - leave yourself plenty of time to get back before the lifts shut.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Its actually a very short trip, just depends on where you go in La Plagne wink

The irony is one of the best runs in La Plagne is the run all the way down from the top of Arpettes lift past the Vanoise to Montchavin.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
True but presume they want to do more than just ride Vanoise Express! Agree run down to Montchavin a good run though. And at least not fighting with the 'traffic' of La Plagne!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Guys thanks for your input, I do actually want to go over to La Plagne for the day. How long would it take to get back to 2000 from the Paisey side of the Vanoise Express. Is the run down to Montchavin a blue or red.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller wrote:
Its actually a very short trip, just depends on where you go in La Plagne wink

The irony is one of the best runs in La Plagne is the run all the way down from the top of Arpettes lift past the Vanoise to Montchavin.

You forget to mention all the s l o w lifts in La Plagne, btw did you know that in French, Poma means feckin slow! Toofy Grin
And if you are a boarder Plagne means plain as in Salisbury Plain ie flat as a pancake Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller wrote:

YES! called Pierre Blancs and then right onto red 'espettes' or sommut like that I discovered it on the last day of a recent trip, what a beautiful, scenic, varied and brilliant run. Is that the one you mean TFC?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
red 27, Yes but ssshhhh. Let the tourists scoot off down to the queues in Plagne Centre. wink
ski holidays
willie5094 wrote:
Guys thanks for your input, I do actually want to go over to La Plagne for the day. How long would it take to get back to 2000 from the Paisey side of the Vanoise Express. Is the run down to Montchavin a blue or red.

Bump
snow report
Peisey to the top of Transarc, 5 mins for lift up from Vanoise, 5 mins ski down to Derby, 5 mins up in Derby, 5 mins ski to Transarc, 5 mins in Trasarcs. 5 mins ski down to 2000.

Perfect run 30 mins. but give yourself 40-45? The run down to Montchavin is a mixture of red and blue but if you can ski 'Reches' to get to Vanoise then you will be fine. Don't get overly paranoid about reds/blues, ruins the holiday.
snow conditions
willie5094, the important bit to is to keep bearing right from the top of the Peisey lift to get to the Derby lift. from there the transarc is well signposted. as above it's 30 mins no faff no queues
ski holidays
red 27, Bear right? Go left surely, turn right takes you to the easy black to Peisey. Easiest to say 'follow the large signs'?
ski holidays
thefatcontroller, right if looking down the mountain from top of Peisey lift

But is straightforward really as has been said - although could do it by skiing all the way across to get on Transarc at bottom surely, may be less queues there than mid-station. Of course cutting under Trans Arc to the Grand Renard (I think) lift gets you over as well
ski holidays
Boris, Yes I love those conversations as you all get to get off the lift, go left, your left, no right, your right, no right as you are looking down the mountain, you mean left then.....as 4 crumpled bodies end up in a heap at the lift exit. Laughing Laughing

When you out?
latest report
We are heading out on Sat 21st January, we were in Les Arcs same time last year, although there was good snow it was quite icy in bits especially down at 1800 thats why we didn't venture over to La Plange. Looks like there is tons of snow for our visit this year.
latest report
thefatcontroller, yes indeed skiers right when skiing down. The only mistake that could be made would me tempted down one of the lovely runs towards the bottom of Grizzly, which while pleasant, would lose time

willie5094, this is an epic year - the trip must be made! Toofy Grin
latest report
Thanks guys looking forward to skiiing the route over to La Plagne and back. A Happy New Year to all.
latest report
red 27, Yes, again those reds down to Grizzly are hidden gems skied past by so many on Le Foret.

willie5094, Enjoy yourself.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy