Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

7/8th Jan 2012 - solo from glasgow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
new to the forum - I have some unexpected holidays to take until the 17th. Looking to get a week skiing / snowboarding from the 7th or 8th, preferably flying from Glasgow, Prestwick or Edinburgh. Not too bothered where I go but don't want to spend a fortune.

Struggling to find any deals at the moment. Most seem to be from London or for couples or groups of 4/6. Can anyone recommend any sites or travel agents? especially for solo / single occupancy?

Thanks in advance,
Alan
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm going solo to Niderau from 7th Jan for a week and keen to meet up with pple out there - all my friends who ski are babied up or due to get hitched next year so I figured "what the heck" and I'm going solo knowing I'll make friends out there - its a really friendly little place (been once before). Going solo is def at least £100 - £200 more expensive though!

did some research yesterday and Austria is a good bet, though cheapest single rooms I found may be sold out by now may be woth trying

1) - Niderau - Iglu Ski had Niderau Guesthouses single room plus flights and transfers and breakfast (poss hb) for £401/person - Direct Ski and some others had a single room at Hotel Hafenwirt plus flights and transfer and good half board for £399/person.

2) - Zelam Zee - Direct Ski had a single room in Snow Pensions plus flights and transfers and breakfast for £398/person.

I know the 6 day passes for Niderau are about £140 and the ski/boot hire is about £70 - £90 depending on what you want.

I ended up finding the single room I wanted on Crystal (they have an online discount) and then calling and getting Nielsen to price match it (including giving the extra luggage and in flight meal for free).

Generally direct ski and iglu are the best but always worth checking with the others too - I'm glad I did - got my deal for about £450 at a 4* hotel in Niderau which is pretty good going.

Good luck and if you end up out there let me know!

Best

Parisa (wrightparisa@hotmail.com)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh pants, sorry those deals were from London. Give them a call though - often they have things that you can't see on line! & 9once you've identified something, if its cheaper to book online you can! Best PW
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for all that - exactly the sort of info I was looking for
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
8th Jan Bansko from Glasgow with Balkanholidays £ 300 ish including 6 day liftpass
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi,

We've got 8th - 15th Jan available for £399pp with no single supplement in our Chalet Bon Vie. Looks set to be a sociable week with a couple of groups booked in, including another solo skiier . . .

The easiest way to see more info is by clicking the link in my tag line but if you're got any queries just ask. . .

Happy planning!
Heather
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Heather,

Looks great.

Is there still a room available? is it a single or shared?

I saw there are transfers at 1330 from geneva on your site but couldn't see the cost - would there be a bus running?

Thanks
Alan
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Alan,

There is still a room available with no single supplement. It is en-suite and single, not shared.

There is a shared transfer running from Geneva to the chalet to meet flights landing at roughly 13.30. It is £75pp return with the return leaving the chalet around 9ish on the 15th.

If you're keen then the easiest way to contact me is either via the website or by e-mail to heather(at)ice-fire.co.uk.

Please let me know your thoughts . . .

Heather
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi again Heather,

Thanks for the info.

I have added up the total cost and it's just too expensive i'm afraid. Easyjet / Jet2 look cheap but once you add in baggage, skis and "booking fees" it doubles the price. Lift pass, some Euros and transfers bring it up to over £900.

Hopefully will make it another time.

Regards,
Alan
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi,

What a shame - often we can help with cheap flight info etc so don't hesitate to get in touch another time.

I hope that you manage to find something which suits and that you have a lovely holiday.

Best wishes,
Heather
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy