Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bars in Tignes Val Claret

Poster: A snowHead
Off to Tignes for first time next week. Looking for places in Val Claret for a few apres ski beers; anywhere have happy hours?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pooftas bar always nice, no happy hours thank god this is Tignes not Flaine, just bring twice the amount of cash you thought
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
MCL, We enjoyed the Taverne des Neiges opposite the funicular (but lock up your skis as there have been thefts). can't remember if they had a happy hour as we had PSB discount.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Loop bar always a popular venue. Also for a quieter vibe the Alpaka should always get a mention.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't bother with Grizzly's unless you have very deep pockets and a liking for weird accordion music
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MCL, wot rogg says but they are in le Lac (otherwise I would have recommended the Loop - you can get the bus back)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Embarassed holidayloverxx, you're right. In VC quite liked a little basement bar near the grizzly - about 50m down towards the shopping area on the same side as the grizz. Also for the last night blathering with 'da yoof' there was a bar attached to the Crystal Hotel which I can't remember the name of right now {edit - hotel Curling}, but a night 'tossing the manager' can lead to all sorts of shenannigans.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 30-12-11 1:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There is of course the Shovel Bar (Though probably know locally as The Studio) It seemed to be a local's place (Not that there were many tourists in town when we were there) but the made us very welcome, plus of course worth a visit to see a fine example of an alpine snow shovel. Couple of hundred yards down in the direction of the funicular from the Hotel Curling if I remember.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tarquin, Indeed - I couldn't remember the name.

MCL, Are you looking for pre-dinner apres or apres-dinner-apres? The Studio is a definite apres-dinner-apres place.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There's a British-run pub in Lavachet (easily reached on the free bus) that I think does happy hour beers Puzzled

Can't remember the name but it also has Sky Sports for the footy.... wink Someone on here will know it!

It also does reasonably priced bar meals, as I recall.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
grizzlys is ivery atmospheric, but very expensive. if you need to impress....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everyone- plenty of places to keep us going! Looks like a trip to le lac might be a good idea. Very Happy

holidayloverxx: probably mostly for pre dinner drinks - last year we were all pretty knackered after dinner- just had a swift post dinner drink and off to bed ready to be up sharp the next day!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
in VC for Apres Ski you cant beat the Loop Bar - good prices, (for Tignes) happy hours, live music, bar snacks, great tunes and usually a decentm ix of guests and workers.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MCL, then get yourself to The Loop (opposite the bunny lift in Le Lac (by the side of Trolles, back down to resort). If you are coming in from the Palafour side go up the bunny lift and ski down about half way and then cross the road, before the piste-side buidlings.

Alex76, The Loop isn't in VC (Val Claret), it's in LL (Le Lac)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Never been in Grizzly's but have eaten at nearby restaurants a couple of times. It's always looked fairly ridiculous to me with piles of fur covering the seats outside with a french medallion man chopping wood. I didn't realise it was cool, trendy and expensive.

Agree the Loop is well worth a visit, it's great for lunch too.
latest report
Ya see, this is the problem with Tignes; no appeciable apres scene or nightlife. Le Lac has the best of it, but even that's pretty thin. Do you're self a favour and stay in Val d'Isere. It's not much more expensive and you have about 500% more choice on venues.
snow conditions
HLoverXXX... good spot, my bad.
snow conditions
Alex76, No problem Very Happy
snow conditions
I must admit to making one trip to Grizzlis and being stung 15euro for a small beer, and that was 3 years ago Shocked

It is quite nice inside though.

Also was out in VC cant even remember which bar it was but it was late, bought a round of 4 bacardi and cokes (I was served just some
budget white rum) and being hit with a 48euro bill Puzzled all I remember about this place was it was a poo-poo hole.

Ive got to agree with the Dr, that VC and Lac are rubbish for Apres, I love the skiing there and each time I have booked Tignes Ive made sure im staying in a Chalet or Hotel so at least you can have a decent relaxing drink in the early evening.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy