Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chemical boot driers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody have experience/recommend/suggest avoiding these?

What makes? Do they dry out a boot *properly* overnight?

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wouldn't try them to be honest. Use the heat element dryers - they do the job really well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They're not supposed to be good for moulded boot linings, though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
James the Last, we use the Dampire Dryzone boot dryers, which are filled with a silica gel (I think). I don't think they're made any more, but seem to be available here.

Highly recommended, but relatively heavy to carry.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i have a pair of "Dryzone" driers. They're long loth sausages filled with the silica crystals you get in some product packaging - you know the little teabag type things.

Unlike joshua I'd use them in preference to heater types, I just feel it's not a good idea to keep heating up heat mouldable liners (i know it's gentle heat, and that they won't ever get up to a temperature where they will 'reset' or 'remould', i jut don't think it's the best idea. Just a gut feeling - maybe a bootfitter could shed some light?). I have them because my snowboard boots have non removable liners (salomon f22s) so i wanted a cheap way of overnight drying. They work perfectly well, dry boots every time I've used them, though I've never tried them in really sodden walked through a river type conditions - just 'quite damp'. Be aware they're quite heavy - maybe a kilo or a kilo and a half for the pair?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
James the Last, Buy two pairs of liners and alternate them, always dry.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cynic, that's a good idea.

I was advised by a professional boot fitter to try and avoid use of the heated boot driers for the very reasons stated by rogg..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
James the Last, do you mean Dampire Dryzones? ...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11276

I was given mine as a xmas pressie 8 or 9 years ago. They never fail to totally dry out boots & they remove all traces of whiff. They're as good as new after the 100's of uses I've made of them routinely over the years & I have found them to be most excellent dude. Dry them out on a radiator, in a cool oven (it helps that we have an aga) or in an emergency, a microwave.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
moffatross wrote:
Dry them out on a radiator, in a cool oven (it helps that we have an aga) or in an emergency, a microwave.

We just hang ours up in a well-ventilated area. They dry out very quickly (i.e. in the time we're out skiing).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
James the Last, I have something like this, but cold air on;y from Bricolage/M. Brico etc:
This one actually looks better -and they are very quiet Cool http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MELISSA-HOT-AIR-SKI-BOOT-SHOE-GLOVE-CLOTHES-DRYER-TIMER-FREE-P-P-SPECIAL-OFFER-/270850133326?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Skiing_Accessories&hash=item3f0fed0d4e
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I dont think you can get the Dampire ones any more - FlyingStantoni's link is showing 'out of stock'.

Seaskin Do something very similar.

You could just put some of this into some of these and make your own.

And it was interesting to see that smelly used pop socks cost more than new ones? There's some strange people out there for sure!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy