Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

January Late Deals- post them here!

Poster: A snowHead
Half-priced late deals for ski packages in the slack weeks of January are starting to appear, here are some from Crystal for starters:

http://www.crystalski.co.uk/ski-deals/January-2012-ski-deals/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
and supertravel' late deals here. some nice ones, even if they are the other end of the price range to crystal.

http://www.supertravel.co.uk/ski/specialoffers.aspx
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We've got some discounted Jan weeks in the chalet

15th - 22nd Jan £399pp - no single supplement
22nd - 29th Jan £399pp - no single supplement

www.ice-fire.co.uk
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone got an links to Dublin departure Ski deals , please
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

some nice ones, even if they are the other end of the price range to crystal.

Your'e not wrong there!, Save £800! I wasn't thinking of spending £800 in the first place!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Haven't put it up on the site yet, but we'll offer free passes for all January holidays. www.whiteroomchalet.com
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great idea of a thread. Im after the first weekend in February if anyone has any deals they have found. 2 male adults sharingplease.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I just picked up a half price chalet deal with Ski Total for the 8th Jan, £319pp for flight, transfers, acommodation, chalet board food and wine:

http://www.skitotal.com/specials.aspx

No more left at that price, but keep looking, they keep getting discounted, check out the individual pages, there are deals around £350 for the 15th.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quite a few half-price deals on Igluski:

http://www.igluski.com/_o790

You can do a custom search here:

http://www.igluski.com/advancedsearch

Best to google the accommodation name and find the tour op and book direct with them if possible though!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We've now got 8-15th Jan in Bon Vie discounted too, down to £399 per person, no single supplement. Only two rooms left . . .
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We'll join in with the January discounts too - additional snowHead discounts in January. Contact me for prices as we offer any day arrival and any length stay, so we can give you personal quotes according to what you'd like. www.chalet-la-giettaz.com
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dudes

http://www.argos.co.uk
the Dysons are looking good value

ok bye
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Voice of Treason,

Lots of good deals here on gloves

http://www.sportsdirect.com/skiing-and-snowboarding/ski-gloves

wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We have cut rates for our Morzine apartment by up to 25% for the remainder of the season and have availability except for the February half term weeks - see the www.morzinesnow.com for details.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ive just put up the crystal details of what we are doing for the week we are going. Coming up at £2300 total. We paid £2040 back in July....suppose not always late deals are good deals
ski holidays
Jon Ford, just done same with ours, currently comes in at £2280 for family of four full board. I paid £1750 back in June so definitely agree not all late deals are good. That said will be looking a very late booking for 3/4 March for lads trip and I'm certain we'll get that for under £250 each near the time
snow report
Some dates available in January due to a cancellation. See link in my signature.
snow conditions
Le Ski have catered chalet in Val d'Isere 8 Jan for £499.
snow report
I just booked a flight to Geneva from 7-14 January, so arriving this Saturday hoping to find a place near snow somewhere the next couple of days snowHead

Anyone have any recommendations/availability/offers for a solo traveller/skier?
latest report
skibomb, try Silver Ski http://www.silverski.co.uk/special-offers/bid/49624/Cancellations-Special-Offers-for-Catered-Chalets , they were helpful with a solo traveller when I went with them on a last minute deal
snow report
Phil_D wrote:
skibomb, try Silver Ski http://www.silverski.co.uk/special-offers/bid/49624/Cancellations-Special-Offers-for-Catered-Chalets , they were helpful with a solo traveller when I went with them on a last minute deal
dodge website

Do they do their own packages or are the reselling?
ski holidays
kioksor, they are a well respected tour op but their website is truly awful
snow conditions
Yes, what a dreadful website Silverski appear to have.

Also intrigued by this comment in their pricing - "All plus £25 per person airport security charges." What is that all about? Sounds like a bit of a con to me...
snow conditions
wouldn't be the first TO to add extra charges...

Some of my favourites being the last minute booking charge payable on skiworld deals & the Thomas Cook baggage tax on late bookings!
latest report
I thinke Esprit have a late booking admin charge, too...
ski holidays
Just checked the Silver Ski price list and the £25 "security charge" looks like a compulsory charge on all weeks, not just the late deals. But they don't explain what it's for
latest report
just one of those lame charges that should be included but isn't to make the package more attractive
ski holidays
dublin1,click here for crystal €303 for S/C Serre Chevalier in the Maeve Appartments next week would be a good bet........
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lots of half-price Chalet packages departing this weekend and next inc. flights, transfers, accom, food, wine on Igluski in the £300s. Expect some more deals to come up over next few days as most people are back at work now and not much chance of selling a late departure except on price to a bargain hunter!!

http://www.igluski.com/

Google the chalet name to find the tour op and book direct for a bit more security!
latest report
3 years ago I got a chalet deal for £220 and would never have paid £300+, 9 years ago I got a 4* chalet in La Plagne for £119, but I suppose fuel inflation and a weaker pound have seen those days pass for good. Sub £300 for a chalet package in a good resort is a rare thing now, but keep looking, now is the prime time!!
snow conditions
£1300 for family of 5 half board to niederau, flights transfers and only 50m from slopes. I'm normally the same just for flights alone to Innsbruck
latest report
Jon Ford, if you want something specific it's best to book early and take the early booking incentive, but if you're not bothered exactly where you go (except that it's somewhere nice!!), don't mind a chalet and are a bit flexible about dates, a late deal is the way to go to get a half-price or better deal.
snow report
We have loads of availability for 7th Jan for 4 nights.

See www.snowandtrek-morzine.com

Vicky
ski holidays
I didn't mean for this thread to be spammed by every operator out there who has unsold capacity and knocked £50 off and think they're offering a bargain. rolling eyes

Unless you're willing to state your price in the post and there's a sizeable discount (30-50%) off the original price don't bother posting please!! NehNeh

I'd prefer that the thread remained a place where genuine bargains could be posted and discussed by the paying punters!
ski holidays
luigi, Good man. Bargains is what we want !! Toofy Grin
latest report
We've spent the last 3 days looking at "deals" to go on 15 Jan (blooming wedding to go to on 14th!). I thought we were easy to please but in the end, looking to go from EMA, Brum or Doncaster, to a reasonably sized ski area and with no ski bus involved at the other end, there wasn't much to choose from. This morning, biting the bullet, we rang up Iglu about hotels/chalets we were interested in but they'd gone! Ended up booking another place but paying about £40 each more than we would have done if we'd have booked yesterday as all the cheap rooms had gone. Oh, well, I guess a balcony and view will be nice rolling eyes .
snow report
maggi, where you off to?
snow conditions
Hells Bells, Plein Sud again!!! At least we know the food is nice and the area is fab. If you and Jules were there again it would be just perfect! Laughing (I know you've just come back though Sad .)
ski holidays
Check out www.skiolympic.co.uk they seem to have some good deals on offer.

p.s. I have nothing to do with ski olympic.
snow conditions
maggi, not this time,and yes, it would have been great. We are still here, leaving on Thursday.

Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy