Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

argentiere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
8-)we are 3 male good intermidiate skiers traveling to the chamonix next thursday for 4 days of skiing ,we dont know the areaat all we are stoping in argentiere,so we will ski there the first and last day a bit nervous about all here say of how hard it is and also the off piste,is it all moguls and do you need a guide everywhere ,also how much should a guide cost for the day,and would he give tips on what we are doing right and wrong thanks ,also on day 2 and 3 were should we go for some good fast skiing with nice open runs,or if the sun is out do the valle blanche,is it open,how muchwhere to get the right guide from,group or private thanks in advance for any tips ps i normally ski les arcs can ski most things if that helps a Puzzled Madeye-Smiley little off piste but would like to get better charlie Little Angel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is something called a full stop...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whitegold, you've used 3 of the blighters. Why not give a couple to charlie26, Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i was asking for advice not a bl--dy english lesson..............................
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
charlie26 wrote:
You found it then?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
charlie26, A guide is 300-3250 euro a day. Also one of the ski schools will provide an instructor for about the same but no glacier stuff would be allowed, but they would be far better at the instructional side, BASS is recommended on here often

http://www.basschamonix.com/

ask for Alison she is a BASI off piste trainer/assessor which means she trains instructors! and is about as good as it gets.

The VB is not "open" as yet but may be by next week. I would suggest do the first day just up the road at Le Tour, you can get the bus or take the train to valorcine, which is a good way to dodge the queues. There is lots of side piste and proper off piste here, and no glacier to worry about, but the back bowls are avalanche prone so a guide would be a good idea for that part of the area. Second day check out Flegere/Brevent, not too far away and in the sun. Day 3/4 keep for GM, book a top ticket the day before for a ride from the very top, almost as good as the VB, again a guide would certainly make it a better day. If you haven't been here before the money for an instructor/guide is money well spent, you will remember it forever where as the equivalent spent in the pub won't be remembered in the morning.

I fear that the weather will not be sunny for you but you will get lots of snow.

Some reading.
http://www.chamonet.com/ski/area.html
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks for the info what is the top ticket, cheers charlie. will be ableto ride the train on day passes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry, the top section of the cable car at GM is referred to as the top ticket, it has a reservation system and depending on the pass you get also a supplementary charge of 10 euro. It is well worth booking rather than wait in the queue which can be long when its good up there. Even the booking slots get full quickly which is why I would recommend booking the day before. It takes you up to 3300m. There are two black runs off the top plus numerous off piste options, which are on a glacier or to be more exact four glaciers. You get a full 2000m of decent which can be more than you can get on the VB if you get the train down. This is the territory where you will get the most from a guide in terms of security and routes and probably essential for an intermediate going off piste. For the rest of the valley its not really necessary but might be fun if you have the dosh.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy