Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet wired for sound?

Poster: A snowHead
I have had a couple of sets of Giro TuneUps and we also have a Red helmet with earphones. All have proved temperamental and unreliable; the connections just aren't man enough for the job, it seems.

Can anyone recommend a more robust set up?

(Please don't bother to tell me that nobody with half a brain cell would ever dream of skiing to music - we've been through all that). wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My K2 Clutch Pro continues to be indestructible. The best I could do was leave it in a bag for several weeks and the headphone jack got a bit crusty, cleaned in minutes before another week away.

What connections are you talking about? The ones on the earpieces themselves?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dont know if this helps, how about bluetooth?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do Oakley A frames work well with Giro Helmets or K2 ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
1969jma wrote:
Do Oakley A frames work well with Giro Helmets or K2 ?

No idea about Giro, but the combination of A frames, K2, and my face, was almost unbearably awful.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Monium, thanks for that. Yes, the problem is the connection into the earpiece, from the player AND the on/off switch. Both are intermittent. sometimes I get sound in one ear, sometimes (rather briefly) both. If I waggle the connection lead round a bit it comes and goes. It was bad last year, and last week I took them apart a bit and tried to beef up the connections with some electrical tape. Worked briefly. this is my second set of Giro tuneups - or maybe third. One I ordered from the States, one I managed to order through a branch of Snow and Rock. Googling produces nothing. I've had the helmet yonks, so thought I might just buy myself a completely new one, if I could get a reliable recommendation.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Head Pro Audio Helmet, i have one works a treat with my sony mp3
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, Perhaps it's just not meant to be?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, I have the perfect solution but my conscience prevents me providing it on H&S grounds, however I cannot support anything that reduces a skiers awareness or ability to detect an imminent threat. The rescue teams have enough to do without skiers dulling their own senses further. I wish you luck with your quest . rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, My company markets a helmet with 180 vision transferred by special glasses so one can see where you have been, just so you can see the avalanche which is going to take you out even if you are not going to hear it.

All the "cool" skied with walkmans in the 90s convinced that skiing to their favourite or suitable track for the terrain improved their performance/synergy, it was easy to see the believers, it amplified the faults in their technique to such an extent that it was a good training tool, wow look at that hip throw, head turn, miss timed plant, fold at the waist, weird high arm carriage, squirrel like bob- So beware.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cynic, I have the uncomfortable feeling of quite liking the training tool concept Embarassed
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Surely nobody with half a brain cell would. . . oh yeah, right.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
Monium, thanks for that. Yes, the problem is the connection into the earpiece, from the player AND the on/off switch. Both are intermittent. sometimes I get sound in one ear, sometimes (rather briefly) both. If I waggle the connection lead round a bit it comes and goes. It was bad last year, and last week I took them apart a bit and tried to beef up the connections with some electrical tape. Worked briefly. this is my second set of Giro tuneups - or maybe third. One I ordered from the States, one I managed to order through a branch of Snow and Rock. Googling produces nothing. I've had the helmet yonks, so thought I might just buy myself a completely new one, if I could get a reliable recommendation.

Well, the K2 has no on/off switch. So not really an issue there. Perhaps that's why it hasn't broken Very Happy

The connectors to the ear pieces have been fine though.

Other option is to get someone handy with electrics to take the things apart and beef them up properly.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I also have a K2 (Crossfire, I think) and the audio system is utterly pants. Volume is limited to such an extent that you can't actually hear the music at all, and the left ear packed up after one day. Avoid.

I've ended up with a set of iPhone compatible in-ear thingies http://amzn.to/ud72ll which are reasonably comfortable and have the advantage that I can answer the phone, change the volume and skip tracks without taking gloves off and digging about in pockets.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Well, the K2 has no on/off switch.

I'd need some kind of on/off switch, so as to be able to mute the sound without faffing around.

Thanks for the constructive replies - I knew the usual suspects wouldn't be able to resist finger wagging. Laughing
snow report
Giro tune-ups have been awesome for me. Still going strong on their 5th 100-odd-day season.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy