Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Someone elses footbeds? ( poor person content)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I have recently changed my boots from an old pair of 'Munari' 29.5 4 buckle boots that were probably 20 years old . I bought ( ebay , because i am poor ) a nice pair of Nordica Speedmachines (2010) in 28.5 ,as new. Really comfy and easy to get on and off . Having checked the shells without the liners , and feet in liners I concluded that 28.5 was still too big . So i sold them at a £20 profit and found some Salomon X wave 9's (2007) in 27.5 .
They were more used than the Nordica boots and not so comfy to wear around the flat . Still feel abit big , but alot closer when checking feet in shells without liners etc.

Went to Xscape over chrimbo . I have never been tortured so much by a pair of boots . I HAD to stop after 45 mins ( bear in mind 20 week skier in my 40's , can ski for 6- 7 hours normally with only 30 min stop at lunch ). It was as if someone had bolted my feet into medieval torture devices , horrible pain across middle of foot , enough to make me feel sick , and almost cry . Yes I undid the middle buckle. . .

Not a problem with last width , still able to scrunch and wiggle my toes , and no noticable heel lift either .

The boots came with a custom foot bed from the previous owner ., So now the questions that need answers as i am off on the 14 jan and want to be able to ski without pain .

Is it probably the insole that is causing the problem , and will a trip to Bicester for some custom insoles make the boots wearable?

Is it worth spending the £60 odd on custom footbeds for a pair of effectively £16 boots ?

Do i sell the X waves and just rent when im out there ?

Sarf Coast based and not going anywhere near Chamonix in the forseeable future. wink

Thank you in advance

robo
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sure lots of reasons why not but on a mega budget can't you use something out of a pair of trainers or buy some preformed footbeds sure I've seen these available too?

How about the footbeds from your old boots?

Maybe something like these?

http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/4533/products/Sidas_Volcano_Ski_And_Snowboard_Insole.aspx?utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=PriceComp&utm_term=Froogle&utm_content=None&utm_campaign=PriceComp1

Good luck

Oldmike
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy