Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire in St Johann im Pongau

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone one know any places that hire skis in St Johann iP?

Most of the aggretors use shops in Alpendorf, not too far away I know but id like somewhere in the town itself really and a a cheap interweb type discounted prices.

many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There will certianly be a place right next to that big white thing that looks like a road that goes down the mountain that has snow on it!

You will be doing the majority of your skiing from Alpendorf anyhow... so if I wwere you I'd get something close to the gondola there so it is easy to return at the end of your hols etc.. etc..! Have a good one!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flangesax, thanks - lol - was wanting to cheapenify it by getting online.

PS
have big metal thing with round things at the corners - the whole amade beckons.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hobbiteater, if you are in town you can hop on one of the free buses to Alpendorf and rent from Rot-Weiß-Rot who have 2 bases up there. One shop is in the lower station building of the cable car on the same floor as the lift offices. Take the lift up to the third floor and you can kill 2 birds with one stone.

If you are not going to bother going up the hill to sort things out, then Sport Wielander in the Untermarkt and Intersport up by the Dom would be your best choices. However, if you have any problems with your kit, you will have to come down off the mountain to sort it out.

There are ski lockers in the lift company building which I would definitely use if you do not have a car to ferry you up and down the hill.

Whereabouts are you staying in St Johann? It is quite spread out if you are walking everywhere. The hike to the upper town can be tiring after a day's skiing if you are schlepping kit form a shop in the lower town.

Some hotels provide a minibus shuttle service by the way which makes life a wee bit easier at times.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks Sue,

we have a car and intend to tour the whole (well a variety of resorts at least) Amade, so driving to collect in Alpendorf really isnt a big deal, just somewhere in SJ would be more convenient on arrival and departure days.

Staying at the STÖCKLWIRT
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hobbiteater, Enjoy the Stöcklwirt it is a great hotel. The food is fantastic as well, I've often eaten there and my daughter spent part of her honeymoon there she loved it so much.

If you have a car, drive up to Alpendorf and drop in at either of the 2 outlets for Rot-Weiß-Rot. As I said one is on the same floor as the lift pass cash desks. But the other is up the hill a wee bit on the left by the covered car park, so you can park right outside. You can make your preliminary bookings online using Skiset or the web site for Rot-Weiß-Rot (http://www.rot-weiss-rot.at/en/alpendorf/rental-shop-service.html ).

Enjoy your holiday in a fantastic location. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy