Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'Departure lounge' just started on BBC1

Poster: A snowHead
Features a piece on "learning to ski in August"
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
watching it now I would have missed it if you hadn't put this up. snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
IncogSkiSno, Watching it now Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oh b*gger, missed it. Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice to catch a glimpse of Les Deux Alpes.
Didn't see Easiski though Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
erica2004 wrote:
Oh b*gger, missed it. Sad

You'll have to learn to ski in September, then
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Missed it then Razz
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
most inportantly, did you get the bit about the new european health insurance card.

You will need one instead of the e111 form

get one here https://www.ehic.org.uk/InternetPROD/home.do
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
damn, missed it, was out cycling with friend
but i already know how to ski!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm not going to say anything, for fear of being hospitalised.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mark_s, ?????
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm sure that the father mentioned that it took 1.5 hours to get up to the summer skiing on the glacier (in Les Deux Alpes). Is this correct? I realise that you need to catch a couple of gondolas and a funicular but that seems like a very long journey. Does Easiski charge €60 for the trip up to the start of the lesson wink wink wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Renry wrote:
most inportantly, did you get the bit about the new european health insurance card.

You will need one instead of the e111 form

get one here https://www.ehic.org.uk/InternetPROD/home.do

Renry Many thanks for that link.

I had the forms from the Post Office for ages but never got round to completing them.

Much easier to do it on line.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hywel, no thats cobblers! It takes about 25 minutes on the Jandri gondola, although for some reason you have to get out halfway and then get back into another car, even though the lift is capable of taking you all the way to the top. I think its something to do with them wanting you to patronise the restaurant at the mid station, but seeing as thats closed in summer it seems rather pointless. The Jandri spits you out at the foot of the glacier, and you can then either t-bar it up to the top or theres an underground railway through the bedrock to the same point. Full marks for exposing easiski's pricing strategy Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
admin, No, I find that journalists never do any research, so if you want to be featured you actually have to write 6 times a year to their paper/studio/whatever, and you might get a mention. I can't be bothered to do all this. Jeremy, on the other hand spends lots of time and money doing just that. He's welcome! When I find that journalists are becoming honest and truthful, and sto expecting freebies, I might make more of an effort - until then it's just advertising, and that often tends to bring in the wrong sort of client for me. Sad Sad
snow report
Easiski does not charge for the journey up to the glacier, or for the time it takes to acclimatise over the coffee at the top.
latest report
easiski wrote:
No, I find that journalists never do any research

Really?
ski holidays
Is this prog repeated?
ski holidays
David Goldsmith, If they did research then they would find the smaller operators in places where they're doing articles/progs etc. They never do - they only mention companies who offer freebies and write to them saying so. Sorry - that doesn't sound like proper research to me. If a programme airs and says it takes 3x as long as it really does to get to the glacier, where's the research? If they say it costs €60 to get there, then where's their research on that. I'm fed up with constantly hearing false statements by journalists who purport to be serious, and therefore could be expected to do some research and print/show actual facts as they are, and not fantasies shown as fact.

Helen Beaumont, It sounds to me as though they were charged from a meeting point at the bottom of the jandri Express - jeremy did say that they needed 3 instructors (why?). So maybe that's what the cost was. I missed the programme sadly, and how they came up with 1.5 hours to get to the top I don't know. Cheeky bu**ers.

Hywel, The daily liftpass this summer was €30 or €24 (after 09.30) per adult. that's all anyone should have to pay.
snow report
easiski wrote:

I missed the programme sadly, and how they came up with 1.5 hours to get to the top I don't know. Cheeky bu**ers.

Hywel, The daily liftpass this summer was €30 or €24 (after 09.30) per adult. that's all anyone should have to pay.

The father said that the girls found the long (1.5 hours) journey to the summer skiing tiring. Puzzled

Apologies for the €60 bit.... it was my tongue in cheek remark about charging for a skiing lesson, with "the meter" (a la London taxi) running from the minute you start your journey up to the glacier Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
I kid you not, they called me and my friend up last night to ask to follow us round Ibiza!
ski holidays
easiski, OK I'll accept that the typical travel hack does little research and I agree - having observed it at first hand - that the freebie culture renders much travel journalism to the level of a joke ... but ... there are travel writers out there (Adam Ruck is a good example in skiing) who really do search things out and present readers with original insights.

I know your view is widely held, though, and it's mainly the result of editors and publishers wanting to fill space between adverts ... treating their readers (or in this case, TV viewers) as idiots.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy