Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Live report

Poster: A snowHead
Courtesy of a quite reasonable costing wi-fi here in Les Coches I am able to report direct from the slopes. Well, direct from our apartment anyway. For the record it's a DIY family trip with the missus and two bairns, a boy aged 6 and a girl aged 4. We were in April when the sun was beating down and slivers of white wound there way down to the allow various links and access to villages to function. To be honest 3 weeks ago that might have been taken as a half decent situation. But the taps were turned on just in time and turned on full. If I may use coarse language it's kin superb. Pretty much everything is open and skiing superb. I can only take limited advantage of it but the off piste has been and still is bountiful. I did get an hour off this morning and was able to have a nice little blast to remind me what life was like before I had little one's. Having said that me and the boy found a few cut offs to make some tracks in. The sunshine and more importantly lack of wind is most welcome at this time of the year with the short days. Yesterday I spend the day with the younger one and it was just delightful.

Highlights of the trip so far:

A trouble free run down the M1/M25/M20 despite torrential rain and loads of road works.
The missus being amazed and how well her ski's ran after I'd serviced them.
An excellent somersault by the 6yo, who got up, dusted himself off and laughed the incident away.
The snow.
The weather.

Lowish lights:
The apartment is a bit shabby - I don't know why the French like their clutter so much, especially when they can't provide a decent heater and a clean bathroom, among other things. Still it works location wise and once a second heater was obtained and the bathroom cleane up we're happy little piggies.

Kids are on a little bit split speed at the moment, with the 6yo now pretty full on, and the younger getting used to her longer ski's and relearning a little bit. I suspect we'll mix and match most of the week.

Enough for now zzz's await.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Another sunny day. Surprisingly warm. But the forecast is for that to end. With the forecast for light snow tomorrow turning to moderate to heavy snow on Friday. Those coming out this weekend can look forward to a stunning week.

With the sunshine and the end of the main christmas celebrations the numbers on the slopes has swelled. And the love of the French to leave seats free when there are queues just so they can be with their buddies Mad

The family all got out together today and we stuck together for a little while. But then the younger daughter wanted an early lunch while the elder didn't so I skied with laddo until I couldn't wait any longer and we picnied at the top of the Le Derby. I don't know whether it's me but a few of those pub garden wooden tables seemed to have been planted at various points over the last couple of years. Which can be welcoming to us "brown baggers".

I regret not tightening my rear bindings on my new old ski's as they came off 3 times today. Still it gave my 6yo plenty to laugh at! Must do that job first thing tomorrow!!

We went over the Les Arcs side most of the day. The 6yo seems to take everything thrown at him at the moment, even some steepish chopped up off piste. I am playing to his want for any kind of jump or ledge to ski over though somewhat. He gets a bit cocky at times and I have to remind him when he's on a "serious" pitch or on general safety of him and other skiers but he's pretty good generally. He even picked up somebodies pole the other day when they'd lost it in a fall. Ah bless. Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
layneo,

glad to hear you got there safely and are having a ball, have fun chap, i will be doing a 3 valleys report when i am there a week on Sunday.

regards

andy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mixed day weatherwise. A smattering of snow. Clouds coming and going and visibility with it. We drifted over to Les Arcs again trying to find some clearer conditions or ski the runs through the trees above Vallandry. But then we drifted over the Arc 2000 side and skied the moguls of Tuffs. The 4yo seems to really like skiing moguls at the minute. We did some filming over there and back over above Arc 1800. We skied as a foursome all day. It was a nothing special day but we had our fun and worked on a bit of technique here and there.

We had a bit of a messy start to the day. No need to go into lots of details but one thing was a schoolboy error from mum and dad leaving the kids ski boot inners too close to the heater causing some "disfiguration". It was a mite chillier of late too. We were all in need of a hot shower when we got home.

The forecast is for a white out tomorrow morning and cold with it. So will be looking to wrap up warm and stay close to home. Hopefully it will be a "powder on the piste" day and some fun can be had. Also hoping it clears up a tad for Saturday, a) so we can have a blast before we head off home. And b) so the roads are reasonably clear for exit.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Layne, Great reports snowHead

How are resort runs - holding up?

The weather on Saturday looks wild - practice with your chains
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Layne, Live reports are nothing without photo or video Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi red 27, everything is really good right down to the villages at 1200/1250m. There was a bit of melt in the daytime earlier in the week but it's been cold otherwise. With a new dollop of snow it's going to be good news for those coming out in the near future.

We've used the chains before though we have winter tyres on this year so hopefully we won't have to bother. No great hardship either way. Tomorrow is supposed to be the worst but we'll see Cool
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Andy, just been figuring that one out. Video will have to wait but a few photo's

4yo daughter giving a full Snowheads grin

And promptly pissing off with daddys poles

The mountains.. she is beautiful, no...

The brown baggers in action at the top of "Le Derby":

6yo pointing the way:

Looking pleased with himself after overcoming another "cliff"

Coming through the trees:

You gotta laugh:
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Awesome , enjoy your last few days and safe trip back
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Today we awoke to the promised white out and it snowed fairly heavily all morning and only a bit lighter in the afternoon. The upper lifts were closed but we intended to stay close to home anyhow. And it was absolutely fantastic. There was fun to be had anywhere you went. Plenty of knee deep. A few piccies to follow later. Time for dinner.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
layneo,

glad you have had a good time, waiting for pics, fancy a lads trip?

andy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Layne, Brilliant! The sun shines on the righteous! snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lovely pictures - so great to see the kids enjoying themselves. snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A couple of pictures from the apartment first thing:

My youngest:

The 6yo:

Thigh deep powder for little Hannah:

Montchavin:

Got some excellent video footage I hope to get something up a day or two after we return.

It's been snowing all evening.. so tomorrow should be more of the same Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well it kept snowing all day Saturday. Unfortunately it was a degree or two warmer so the powder was a little on the heavy side. And more importantly it made us very wet and clammy. After the usual tribulations of packing the car and getting out of the apartment though we tried our best to enjoy what was on offer and made it until mid-afternoon before deciding a change into dry clothes was a necessity.

The car was as covered in snow as much as it had been the night before when I brushed it off. We did have a stroke of luck in the morning though when a snow plough kindly cleared the pile at the rear of the car. So with another bit of brushing we were able to reverse out and do the final organising and packing. We saw a number of cars with snow chains but our winter tyres had no problem negotating the snowploughed road out. It was then a supermarket wine and cheese shop, before dining at the Buffalo Grill. It was a smooth ride from there home. We saw the New Year in somewhere on the A26 between Troyes and Reims I believe. But I was in the land of nod at the time NehNeh
ski holidays
Quote:

We saw the New Year in somewhere on the A26 between Troyes and Reims I believe. But I was in the land of nod at the time

that's the way to do it..... snowHead Your kids seem to cope very well with so much snow - hard work on the part of ma and pa, I suspect, which your account has glossed over. Not a holiday for the faint-hearted, but so rewarding.
snow report
pam w, Yes, I have glossed over the amount of work involved. People don't want to hear that stuff wink But no, it is tough because they are still have an age where they need to be dressed in their gear in their morning, if they wipe out they expect mum or dad to drag them up, you carry their ski's, you cook and clean while they mess about with their toys, or go digging/sledging in the snow. But it really is a lot of fun in between and seeing them enjoy themselves so much just warms the heart and takes the stress away. Very Happy

The 6yo is getting a bit easier because he's starting to carry his skis, can do a lot of stuff for himself but he's a long way off cooking dinner or cleaning. That's the way it feels anyhow!
ski holidays
Quote:

he's a long way off cooking dinner or cleaning.

Laughing certainly is! The worst thing I found when my grandchildren were out with us was that the little ones wanted to get all dressed up to go out in the snow, but then inevitably wanted to come in again before very long! Unless I was working like a dog (literally) pulling them, on their sledges, back up the slope. They could take quite a lot of that!

Still, you will look back in future, with great pleasure, at your family holidays in the snow. We did hard-working family camping holidays too, and boating ones (in Scotland, usually in terrible weather!) and I wouldn't swap them for the luxury "we will look after your kids" outfits. And my eldest son, who tended at the time to think he should be on some kind of luxury holiday is now talking about taking his 3 kids camping too!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy