Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

March 31st and beyond - Recommended snow resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear Snowheads

I apologise if this is the most irritating question to ask but after being so disappointed to go skiing to Courcheval ski-in/ski-out last March and literally spend my time walking down grass and snow patched terrain on fairly high up on the mountains I am hoping to have better luck this year.

If I were only able to ski after 30th March what resorts might offer as close as possible snow sure skiing providing they have decent dumps of snow in the New Year?

Thank you for any help

Jenny
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Jenny, if you're looking at France in late March or April then some ideas for you could be Tignes/Val d'Isere, Les Arcs/La Plagne or Val Thorens at the other end of the Three Valleys from Courchevel. Montgenevre may be worth a look as well. Late season, anything above 1700m can 'usually' be snow sure back to the Village/Resort.

Last Season wasn't great so quite a few of the normally snow sure places were in the same boat as Courchevel by early April. Fingers crossed for the complete opposite this Season!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi littlemissskier, I would add to Backcountryboarder's view that any resort which accesses a glacier is also snow sure at that time e.g. les Deux Alpes or various places in Austria - though not necessarily ski in ski out.
The End of Season Bash was held in Val Thorens at the end of April this year - and we were still able to ski out every morning (skiing in was a little more problematic).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
littlemissskier, if you want ski in/out PLUS the most likelihood of good snow, I'd suggest Tignes. Snow in the New Year is not too relevant, really - it's the temperatures and snowfall later on in the season which will really determine what's available in April. However, there's usually not great pressure on accommodation by April - to avoid further disappointment, book at the very last minute.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
littlemissskier, bear in mind that last season was the worst in many, many years for snowfall for a great number of resorts, especially those in the Western Alps. The lack of ski in/out in Courchevel last season was by no means unique. The usual advice for early of late season is to head high, in whatever country you choose, and a resort at Courchevel 1850's height would normally be considered high.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you so much for all your replies - lets hope for a better snow season this time round
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Definitely Tignes. I was there in April this year and there was still LOADS of snow - and that was in a poor snow year.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
littlemissskier, I skied all through the season in Austria last year without too many problems, although it was a poorer than average year. My last day skiing was in fresh powder at Obertauern on April 30th.

March is usually fine for ski in ski out in any number of countries, as far as my experience goes, France does not have sole rights to that particular feature. wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As others have said snow in the New Year won't make a huge difference. What did for last year (particularly in the Northern French Alps) was a generally dry season with a very dry and warm end. This season has started off with much heavier snow in the northern Alps, but could still yet see a dry and mild end. Time will tell.

In terms of late season, in Austria I would certainly consider Obertauern and Ischgl, the latter normally closes at the start of May. Earlier in April St Anton, Zurs and Lech are all good options.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy